Carnival Victory Cruise Review by patsnails

Carnival Victory
Carnival Victory
Member Name: patsnails
Cruise Date: September 2007
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
See More About: Carnival Victory Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals

Carnival Victory - Canada/New England
This is my 4th cruise with Carnival and we traveled with 2 bus loads of senior citizens I am in my late 40's and traveled with my husband, sister and brother inlaw and mother and father in law and a good friend and her husband...Two of those couples were first time cruisers... Embarking was wonderful, we were dropped off at the pier , went straight through terminal, and waited about 15 min sitting down till we were called to go up. we were on the ship within 1/2 hour or so of arriving, and having our first drink by 12:30..Eating lunch shortly after, not crowded at all Sailing past the Statue and bridge etc was beautiful and we got great shots of the city.. We went back to our rooms which were roomy as usual nice window Love the showers and had no problem using the blowdryers ( and i'm a hairdresser).. we had 2 Robes giftwrapped on our bed from our travel agency and an anniversary cake waiting for us, that was nice... We had the main seating for dinner and since they had split us up we just asked a few people if they minded trading with us so we could sit together and it was no problem... Our waiter Made was obviously new and was not like our other waiters had been and never did get really into having fun until the end.. much to reserved..The maitre de was awesome, the best we've had and the only one from all the cruises we've been on who came to our table..The food was ok not the best we've had but any food i don't have to cook it ok with me... We had room service every morning so didn't do the breakfast buffet, my father in law was very disappointed that everything was cold so ate in the dining room a few times.. Lines for lunch were horrendous...Lido food was ok.. smoked salmon was the best, had it every morning and afternoon I had the stone massage and exfoliation in the spa and it was wonderful, but was disappointed in the high pressure sales pitch after, and while i was totally relaxed immediately after, as soon as she started pushing product i was tense again,...The steam room and sauna were great.. I enjoyed all the shows even the magic show, although we had seen vroom on a previous cruise it was still good very fast paced.. The first adult comic show (i cant remember his name)was funny but very crude a little too crude for my taste, but the second one the last night my sister in law went to was great she said..

The Ship layout leaves alot to be desired we heard tons of complaints about people lost...Other ships are much easier to navigate. Ports... St John was ok we didn't take any excursions, we walked most of the city then took a city bus to the reversing falls the weather was sunny but windy and very cool..we were glad we didn't pay for excursions though we saw it all for the cost of a bus ticket eachway (2.50ea. way) Halifax was wonderful, again we did it on our own. we took Fred the free bus down to the boardwallk and we walked.. we did take an amphibious tour of the city and bay that we all loved then continued to walk the rest of the city and took fred back to the pier.. all in all that port cost us 28.00 each...nothing too much to buy as far as shopping... I would definitely go back to Halifax, prob not St John though... Debarking was just fine, we just waited in our rooms to be called and were on our bus headed home by 10:30 All in all it was a wonderful time as usual. and i will def. cruise carnival again, in fact we are planning our Alaska and Panama cruises next.

Publication Date: 09/12/07