Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by BEATSC2

Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
Pride of Aloha - Hawaii
First, let me say this was our first cruise. However, we have been to the islands many, many times. We were overwhelmed as soon as we stepped on board. The ambiance and decor of the ship was pure Hawaiian. The embarkation was swift and simple. We were on board in minutes. we arrived about 1 pm. One thing I would recommend to anyone taking this cruise would be to try and do at least a one night pre-stay. We did and we were rarin' to take the cruise. Those who barely made the ship due to delayed flights or even who arrived on time the same day of cruise just did not seem to enjoy it as much as those who had the pre-stay. I just had a hard time with all the negative reviews I read on this sight and also the people we met on board who just were not enjoying themselves. We hardly left the ship--a total of 3 times to go shopping for maybe a couple of hours. We enjoyed all the activities from the pool to the shows to dancing to contests including passengers vs crew volleyball, trivia, poolside Olympics, and the men's sexy leg contest. We especially enjoyed all the members of the crew we had contact with and the fun passengers we met and shared time with. I had read that passengers hardly ever, if at all, met or saw their cabin steward. We not only saw her every day, but usually ran into her and shared a few moments of fun with her 2 or 3 times a day. She always did special things for us like not only putting the towels together to make touching swans for our anniversary, but the day after putting the swans in our porthole. Our cabin was absolutely immaculate from start to finish. We had more than enough room for all of our 4 bags worth of stuff to be put away neatly without leaving anything packed in our bags. We were amazed at how roomy the cabins were and how large the porthole we had was. The daily cruise letter was extremely helpful to keep on top of all the activities that were offered--where and when. One thing we were really impressed with was after the completion of our cruise we received a package with a certificate from our renewal of vows ceremony that we partook in on board, but did not receive the certificate--it was just a nice touch to receive it after the fact--someone cared enough to send it--kudos to NCL for that. The food and service to us was very good. We ate at all different venues from the buffet to the sit down restaurants to the specialty restaurants and they were all very good and we ate at varying times and never had a wait of more than 10 minutes. We were on a sold out cruise and I just did not see any of the problems that I had read about in some of the reviews on this web sight. The cultural room, especially the different daily videos were exceptional and especially the one on Dec. 7--Pearl Harbor was something I had not seen before. We are older--past 50, but we saw the kids--young and teens having a great time together in the kid's programs. In conclusion I work for a tour operator who sells Hawaii and whenever I hear someone who wants to see the 4 major island in a weeks time or the person who wants an all inclusive I will be recommending the Pride of Aloha without any hesitation. We had a ball. My wife even almost teared up as we disembarked. I am sure we will have many fond memories and stories to tell through the years...Thank you Pride of Aloha.

Publication Date: 09/08/07