Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by dhlexpress102

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by dhlexpress102
Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: dhlexpress102
Cruise Date: August 2007
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
        7-9 5.0
        16+ 2.0
Shore Excursions 5+

Carnival Miracle - Eastern Caribbean
This was our first cruise. Myself along with my wife and two kids. Daughter 17 and son 9. Decided on the Miracle because living in NY was easier than flying to Florida.

After talking to some friends we decided to get to the pier early which was a great idea. Got to the pier around 10:30am and checked in right away. Was able to get a seat and some breakfast. Only waited about an hour and we started to board. We were having lunch on the ship by noon while thousands of others were outside waiting on line.

Room was somewhat small for the four of us but we made do. I do suggest bringing a power strip as outlets are limited. Room service was excellent and rooms were cleaned 3 times daily. Our cabin steward always around when we needed something and very friendly.

Food was good but not as good as others had told me about. Breakfast was regular eggs,sausage,pancakes and such. Although the omelette station was very good. The 24 hour pizza was excellent. Lunch was good but long lines did take away from it. Dinner was good. Enjoyed the menu's and waiters very friendly. The decor of the dinning room was WAY over the top. My son loves shrimp and our waiter had shrimp for him every day.

Entertainment was very good although for my 17 year old wasn't as much to do as I had hoped. She did make friends right away and was basically with them the whole cruise. My 9 year old son LOVED Camp Carnival and there was PLENTY of stuff for him to do. The first 3 days he was in camp all day. However by the 3rd day he met some friends and they basically just did other things on the ship. My wife and I LOVED Frankie and Johnnys. The band was out of this world. Playing everything from KC to Van Halen. Even after saying they were done for the night would give in to the chants of "one more song" and play another.

Ports.........San Juan was ehhhhhhh Just glad we found Senor Frogs. That gave the whole San Juan port a positive feeling. Otherwise I would have just preferred to skip this port. St.Thomas was awesome. We actually took a boat to St. Johns Bay and did some snorkeling and WOW was it pretty. A great place. Shopping was also very good. TORTOLA was amazing. We took the Virgin Gorda excursion to The Baths and it was worth every dollar. The Caves were out of this world and the beach was breath taking.

Some random thoughts.....kids seemed to run wild late into the night. I understand they are on vacation also but when you have 10 to 16 year olds running through the halls at 3 in the morning it takes away from your good time.

Food again was good but I think everyone telling me how good it was kind of took away from it.

Drinks were very good. Mixed drinks were strong and reasonable in price.

One suggestion I was given and DIDN'T take and which I had was DO THE SELF debarkment. We had friends do this and were off the ship quick. We on the other hand had to wait over an hour to get off the ship and STILL had to carry our luggage to the taxi.

Overall we had a good time but would consider a different cruise line just to try something different.

Publication Date: 09/06/07