Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by Kruiser

Cruise Date: August 2007
Embarkation: Galveston

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean
Here were the issues:

1. No one called us from Carnival to ask us if we still wanted to go on the cruise even though their was an itinerary change and hurricane in the Gulf. We spoke to several other guests, and they were called (they did not purchase any type of trip insurance). If given the choice, we would have opted not to go due to the Hurricane and missed port - what is your vacation guarantee?

2. Mark Price said the Royal Caribbean cruise did not go to Jamaica, but after speaking to several Royal Caribbean traveler's in Cozumel and the Grand Cayman, we found out not only did they go to Jamaica, but they also went to the Florida Keys.

3. I called the Housekeeping department for 4 extra pillows and no one answered. I went out in the hall and asked one of the housekeeping staff for 4 extra pillows and they told me I needed to call 7777. I called 7777 and they told me I had to call housekeeping.

4. Telephone stopped working after the first day.

5. We had NO hot water during the entire cruise - spoke to several crew members and called to get the situation fixed - but NOTHING was ever done about it! .

6. We have sailed on the Pride and Miracle and have had EXCELLENT customer service, well maintained and clean. The customer service on the Conquest was the WORST I have ever seen. The wait staff around the pool acted like they did not see you. Hardly, anyone made eye contact or smiled. The ship was dirty and in need of repair. The seats in the main show place were filthy and falling apart. Only a few crew members gave positive customer service. Nobody working seemed like they were happy to be there.

7. Vincent in the Piano Bar and his staff were AWESOME! It was the only worthwhile entertainment. The one main bar waiter, he is bald, was always very energetic and always engaging the guests in songs. He was always on top of our order and had a positive attitude.

8. The bar staff in the dining room were AWESOME. However, the waiters were so, so. I never ate at my table, I always ate with a different group of people.

9. The food on the Lido deck was okay, except the servers were very stingy with their servings and got snippy if you tried to serve yourself. I don't recall the Miracle or Pride limiting your portions. I believe it was serve yourself.

10. There was plenty of security on the ship; however, too visible at times. When we left our room in the morning and their was always a security guard standing in hallway, watching the housekeepers. It made us feel like there was a problem with stealing.

11. During the days, there was always a hammering noise above our bed. It was hard to take a nap or have quiet time.

12. All day and night there was a swishing noise coming outside our window. It sounded like the cruise ship was flushing something out into the ocean. It was very disconcerting.

13. The captain took us on a dangerous path, we went through rough seas which could have been avoided. Carnival should have rerouted us to the Florida Keys and the Bahamas.

14. On our last night, we had dinner in the Supper Club, I was sick for 3 days after eating there.

Publication Date: 08/31/07