Freedom of the Seas Cruise Review by Leigh: Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Leigh
Member Since 2000

Compare Prices on Freedom of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Freedom of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: August 2007

Let me say Embarkation was amazing, 10 minutes we were on the ship. This ship is beautiful, and has many things to do. Even with 4300 people on board it never really seemed crowded. Never had problems finding chairs by the pool, or seats in the Arcadia theatre.

The food is below average even in the formal dining room. This was my 6th cruise and RCCL has the worst food in my opinion, but the food in Chopps Grill ($25 per person) was excellent. Well worth trying.

Ports of call were all nice, Labadee was better than I expected, but don't shop at the market. The locals who sell their things there are extremely pushy, but very negotiable. If they're asking $10 they will take about $3. Ocho Rios did the Dunns River Falls with City Highlights and that was a lot of fun, would recommend that. We don't normally do the excursions, but didn't feel safe enough to venture out. Grand Cayman has the best snorkeling of all the places I've ever been. You can just get off the boat More and snorkel and Eden rock and it's awesome. Cozumel was good also for snorkeling.

The gym is the best ever. The inside cabins seemed smaller than other ships and very cramped. Recommend the balcony for the larger room.

On board see all the shows, they were all good. Becky the cruise director was very good. Try the surfing but go early in the morning to avoid long lines. Our room steward was great, but this ship did not have the friendliest staff especially at guest services. Had problems with the toilet for about 3 days before it was fixed, problems with on board account, and a couple other staff members who obviously were not happy with their jobs.

Overall, we had a great cruise, and the ship was awesome, but I think we are going back to a little smaller ship and see if the service is better. I think you lose a little service on that big of a ship. Less

Read more Freedom of the Seas cruise reviews >>