Carnival Glory Cruise Review by Sharon Claffey: Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Sharon Claffey
0 Post

Service Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: February 2004
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We sailed on the Carnival Glory the week of February 14. It was a wonderful experience. Our destination was Western Caribbean. Everything was literally smooth sailing. From the minute we landed in Orlando Airport, from our shuttle on a very comfortable bus to Port Canaveral, it was very pleasant.

This was our first time cruising. The Carnival Glory is a beautiful ship. Considering our ship was at capacity level, with over 3000 people, it never seemed 'crowded.' The staff was incredible. We had very attentive service in every department. Everyone on staff seemed as though they were really happy to be there.

Cabins, although small (they seemed to get bigger as the week went on), had ample space for all our belongings. Our cabin was on the Empress Deck, which was very quiet due to the fact we were above and below cabin floors. We were right near elevators which I thought would be loud, but it never seemed to bother us at all.

Food was great. My husband and I More enjoyed the sit down breakfast in the morning. It was very relaxing. There were many choices for lunch. We especially liked the deli and fish and chips. Dinner was great. A wonderful variety to choose from each night.

I must say our all-time favorite meal was at the Emerald Palace dinner club. For $25/person, we had the most amazing meal that we have ever had. It was fantastic. We happened to have dinner there our last night at sea, and I must say it was a fine way to end a perfect cruise.

The weather could have been better in Belize and Cozumel. We had hoped to snorkel, but due to high winds, the shore excursions were cancelled. In Belize we took a trip to their zoo, it was nice, but I heard from other passengers, the tubing trip was great. In Cozumel we did a dune buggy tour. That was a lot of fun.

The greatest surprise stop was Progresso! There we took a tour of the City of Meridea and rodeo show. The city is beautiful. I wasn't sure what to expect there, but it was a fascinating city. The rodeo included lunch and dancers. Very nice.

The only negative I can honestly say about Carnival Glory was, I would get lost from time to time., well all the time. But that was my problem. So to solve that, we plan to sail again on the Glory, but this time the Eastern Caribbean. Maybe by the second cruise, I will be able to figure out where I am!

One tip to shoppers out there...when in a port, if you like it, buy it. I missed some awesome items I would have liked, but thought I'll wait until...Big mistake! Most of my purchases were done on board the ship. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>