Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by wework2play

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by wework2play
Carnival Conquest
Carnival Conquest
Member Name: wework2play
Cruise Date: August 2007
Embarkation: Galveston
        7-9 4.0
        10-12 5.0

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean
About us: Our party consisted of me, my husband, and two sons ages 7 and 9. We have only cruised on Royal Caribbean for this one. We had a balcony room on the upper deck.

Embarkation was easy. We used EZCruise Parking. Very good. We arrived before 10:00 and were one of the first on the ship. We had cheeseburgers and hotdogs for lunch and our rooms were ready by 1:00.

Our room: Plenty of room for the 4 of us. Plenty of storage. Our room steward was great. First time getting a balcony and really liked it. We'll get one next time for sure. The shower curtain gave me NO trouble as some have mentioned here on CC. I don't see the point of bringing clothespins?? There was only one outlet in the room. We only used it for our fan and to charge the cell phone so it was okay. There were free samples of toothpaste and disposable razors in the room. The fridge did not stay very cold. Our room was a little too warm most of the time. Good thing we had our fan. The bed was very comfy. I liked how Carnival lets you check your sign and sail account on the TV.

Entertainment: The shows were all pretty good. My favorite was the juggler. The late night comedy was hilarious. The Conquest dancers were good. Very talented people, but I didn't care to see them over and over again. The cruise director was excellent and funny too.

Food: I really liked the food. I thought it was much better than my experience on Royal Caribbean. The dining room food on RCI may have been a little better, though. They have really good pizza, chinese food and burgers. I tried a sandwich from the deli and it was okay. Buffet food was hit and miss. My son ordered a room service PB&J. They toasted it. It wasn't good at all.

Camp Carnival: There were lots of kids on this ship and the Camp Carnival staff did a great job! My boys liked it, when they went. They each went a few times. My 9 year old stayed for the slumber party once and had a good time.

Ports of Call: We went to Sunset beach all-inclusive resort in Montego Bay. 40/adult, 20/child. Loved it. Nice lazy river, swim up bar, slides, water toys, and free alcohol and food. Would definitely go again.

Grand Cayman: We took a bus to 7-mile beach for 5.00 per person each way. MY FAVORITE! We swam all day. Sting Rays came up by us. Loved it here. Cozumel: Went snorkeling and shopped. We got off the ship and there was a guy holding a sign. 40 per person. Free drinks and alcohol, glass bottom boat and snorkeling. It was cool.

Tips: I packed, unpacked, repacked, and still took too much. I did laundry on the ship for 2.00 to wash, 4.00 to dry. (2 cycles) I did not need a bungee cord, power strip (although some may), nightlight, or alarm clock. The wake up call on the phone worked great. We got soda card for 3 of the 4 of us. Over a hundred dollars. Waste of money! My kids and DH only had soda at dinner in the dining room. Once in awhile during the day. Easier and just as good to get the free drinks. The water is actually very good. Free lemonade, tea, punch, and juice on the buffet. Casino if fun, but you won't win.

Overall, this was a wonderful cruise. The conquest was easy to navigate, but public areas are crowded with not as much seating as on RCI. Would definitely cruise on the Conquest again!

Publication Date: 08/18/07