Carnival Valor Cruise Review by stthomasvi

Cabin Category: 8B
Public Rooms 5+
Spa & Fitness 5+

Carnival Valor - Western Caribbean
We Cruised 8-5-2007 out of Miami. We flew from RI the day before and stayed at Marriott Biscayne bay. We were very impressed with this hotel, located a few blocks from the port of Miami.

Boarding the Ship was a very long and disorganized process. VIP and Platinum members receive priority which creates long wait times for those of us who are not. We were early and it took us 3 hours to get on board.

The Service on the Valor was top of the line. Their Medical Care leaves little to be desired. Our First Port was Grand Cayman. We got up early so we didn't have to deal with the tender line. We decided to do the Sting Ray Trip (not with the ship) we lucked out and had a small group of 10 people on our tour and enjoyed the tour that took us to sting ray cove, rum point, snorkeling and a free lunch. The line getting back to the ship was horrible and long. We stood in the hot sun for almost an hour.

Honduras was the next stop and we decided to stay on the ship. We began to enjoy staying on the ship more than we liked getting off. We loved the different choices of food. We stayed out of the pools because they were OVERLOADED with children without parents. Even the Adult only pools weren't adult only. We found this particular cruise was overrun with young children .

Belize was beautiful we decided to do cave tube and the company we used was professional and organized and we will use them again if we do cruise to belize again.

Costa Maya: We decided to view the ruins. We now know that we could have just taken a taxi to the ruins instead of booking a tour. The tour was enjoyable and our tour guide provided us with information we probably couldn't have gotten if we'd gone alone. I loved the port in Costa Maya if you don't feel like venturing out you can simply walk to the end of the pier and there is shipping, swimming and activities.

Medical care. I had to use the medical facilities on this ship and I have to tell you that If I was really in danger I would be in trouble. The nurse didn't want to help me when I called and was very rude. She then instructed me that I had to walk down to the office if I wanted help. I had been there 5 mins before and the door was locked. When I pointed this out to her she rudely told Me to knock this time and she would open. When I got there I was dismissed and told to sit in a chair and it would take a while for me to be seen even though there was only one other person before me. She never asked if It was an emergency or why I was there. After sitting there for 40 minutes, I voiced that I was going to complain to the powers that be and that is when they took me into a room and examined me.

We had a Balcony room and we used it everyday, once my travel mate even slept outside, we can't imagine cruising any other way. Carnival Valor is a great ship it caters to a younger crowd and we found that many actives are geared towards 18 - 32 years old. The 18 plus dance club caters to a specific crowd after 11pm if you don't like the music you will have to find another outlet. The ship was over run with children running through the halls and pool areas all hours of the night. The Adults Only pools aren't monitored and always had children in them. the 24 hour pizza and ice cream that they promise was closed on the last day of our cruise. The information desk always had a line and you can expect to wait up to 2 hours to get a simple problems fixed. I loved this cruise and we've already booked another cruise in 9 months. Viva Carnival.

Publication Date: 08/15/07