Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Kerry

16+ 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean
Let me start off with this is my 3rd Carnival Cruise (I have also been on 2 NCL cruises and 1 Royal Caribbean cruise) and this was by far the BEST cruise I have been on! My boyfriend and I went on this cruise with my family, his family, and 2 of our friends. There was a total of 11 of us traveling.

Embarkation was a breeze. We got to the port at about 1:45 and were on the ship by 2:30. The embarkation staff was very nice, except for the big lady at the front checking our citizenship. Once we got onboard we realized we had to wait in another line to set up the Sail & Sign card. This should have been done while checking in, but we'll let that go.

The ship was beautiful with an All-American theme. They say the theme is Heros and Heroics. But the staff worked very had to keep the ship clean. And everything looked new and fresh!

When we got to our room, it was much bigger than we expected. This is the first time we were in an Ocean View. We usually stay in an interior since you're really not in the cabin except to sleep, shower, and change. It was also very clean. Our cabin steward introduced himself right away, we couldn't pronounce his name so he told us to call him "J".

We then went up to the Lido deck to have lunch and get some drinks, and the buffet was excellent, the food was hot and tasty, hamburgers and fries were good and the pizza was some of the best I have had. They kept the tables cleared. Everyone was very friendly!

There was so many activities on board, for example, Survivor, Fear Factor, talent shows, karaoke, night clubs, piano bar (more on that), bars lounges, swimming pool, Jacuzzis, basketball, volleyball, ping pong, casino, water slide…and soooo much more!

Now for the piano bar, the Lindy Hop was so much fun. Joel Sarakula (from Sydney, Australia), made sure everyone was having fun and got everyone to sing along. We went on this cruise for me and my boyfriends 4th anniversary and he actually wished us a happy anniversary and played our song for us and actually walked over to us to get us to get up and dance with each other! He played everything from modern to classic, from rap to rock to hip hop! We spent most of our nights in the Lindy Hop!

We had the 8:00 dinner and 9 of us had a table together (the other 2 opted to have dinner at 6:15). The food was amazing! Our waiters were even better. Our head waiter had suggestions for us every night on what was good and what he recommends, and they always had our water glasses and our bread basket full. He even had some jokes up his sleeve, and some napkin creations for my boyfriend's 11 year old brother (which he makes every time we go to a restaurant)! When my mom asked him his name he told her his first name was "K" and last name "Mart".

The Cruise director was amazing! Chris always made sure everyone was having fun! And Kelly was always there pumping everyone up! Kudos to them!

Ports – Nassau, been there, not much to do except for Atlantis, but you have to have a room there or be on an excursion to have access to the beaches. St. Thomas, beautiful island, we rode the sky lift to the top of the mountain and had an amazing view of the ship with the mountains in the back ground. We went during their carnival months so there was a lot of music, shopping, and culture there! And St. Maartin, my favorite port, is also very beautiful. We took a taxi to Sunset Beach, which is by the runway for the airport. Just make sure you don’t set up your towels at the end of the run way, because when a plane takes off you will be sand blasted! But its an amazing experience! We then took a taxi to the French side. We did some shopping there (CHEAP alcohol), and had lunch. But I would defiantly recommend this itinerary!

Disembarkation was a little long, but it could have been because we waited until last minute to get off. We didn’t get off until 11 am. I guess we were just trying to catch up on sleep from all the fun, amazing, memorable times on the ship!

All in all, I loved the ship, the staff, the food, the entertainment and the islands. Definitely a cruise I would take again!

Publication Date: 08/06/07