Norwegian Dawn Cruise Review by Shari Zacks

Norwegian Dawn
Norwegian Dawn
Member Name: Shari Zacks
Cruise Date: July 2007
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Bahamas
See More About: Norwegian Dawn Cruise Reviews | Bahamas Cruise Reviews | NCL Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

Norwegian Dawn - Bahamas
This was my first cruise with NCL "The Free Style Cruise" which is far from being free. The process of embarking this ship was long and tedious. You must line up with all other passengers in one long line until you are sent to an agent when you finally reach the front. My wife and I were in line for 45 minutes, not a great way to start a relaxing holiday. We had an outside cabin with balcony that was nice, the washroom was great with 3 separate parts but the room was rather small. If you enjoy watching T.V. bring a magnifying glass as they are from the early 1990's and rather small. Our cabin steward was great and our room was cleaned twice per day. The food in the main dinning room was terrible and I believe they make it this way to move you to their specialty restaurants. If you enjoy spending extra money on food then that is what you will do on this ship. The three that we ate at twice(Cagneys, Chinese and French Bistro) were good but nothing wonderful. If these restaurants were on land I would not visit them twice. If you enjoy soft drinks be prepared to shell out $60.00 per card for the week. I found this extremely high compared to other ships that we have been on. One major drawback to this ship is that there is only one pool. The pool was very small and always crowded. If you enjoy lounging in a pool this ship will not allow you to do this. If you want a seat around the pool be prepared to awake early to save them or you will be out of luck. On more of a positive note, the ship was well maintained and VERY clean. The crew were very friendly and always willing to help. By far the highlight of the trip were the evening shows. They were fantastic and most likely the best that I have seen aboard any ship. From Second City to Band On The Run they were all awesome. Overall, I would rate our experience a 7 out of 10. I do not know if I would go on another NCL cruise.

Publication Date: 08/06/07