Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Cigpooh: Carnival Liberty - Eastern Caribbean

Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Liberty - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: May 2007

I am writing to let you know about my experience on this cruise. This cruise was my husbands 5th on Carnival and my 4th. We choose this ship because of the islands it was going to.We booked a 8a cabin and was upgraded to an 8c. we choose our cabin since we knew where we wanted to be on the ship.

We arrived at the port early as we wanted to be onboard as soon as possible. Check in for us was fast since we were at port at 10:15 am

From the moment we stepped foot on the ship we knew it was going to be a great week. We went to the Lido Deck and had some lunch and of course a fun ship special. We went to our cabin 8457 and met our room steward Gede. He was very pleasant and helpful all week. He went above and beyond and got us everything and anything we asked for.

We went to the jewelry store quite frequently and I want to commend the staff in there. They knew us by name and always went out of there way to say hello. One employee in particular Dave was a great More help to us. He was very very knowledgeable with the jewelry and I always made sure he helped us with our purchases as he could always give us a fair and honest answer. He wasn't pushy just honest and open and didn't mind spending time with us to explain about the item we looking at to purchase. We did purchase a lot of nice jewelry in the store and Dan the manager did always make sure to thank us, but if it wasn't for Dave I don't know that we would have purchased everything we did.

Next on to entertainment. I hope you have had the chance to listen to Joel and Lorna whom were performing everyday at the Lobby bar. They had a packed Lobby every night and if you looked up in the atrium you could see people looking over all the railings and dancing where every they could find a free space. I have never had this type of entertainment before on a carnival ship and I would rebook on any cruise Joel and Lorna were on because they did and incredible job.

We had a late seating in the Golden dining room. The Maitre D was the best one of any cruise I have every been on. He spoke every night, and even danced and sang with the staff. I commend him as this was the first time on any ship that I have actually seen the Maitre D more than just on envelope night. We missed Filet mignon night as we were in the San Juan Port and he arranged for our entire table to have it on another night when we asked if it was possible. All 10 of us at our table truly appreciated it. We Sat at table 157 and Valierie was our Waiter. He was excellent and by the second night he knew what everyone wanted to drink and what we like for dinner. We (meaning the entire table) did confuse him a few times because we kept changing orders but he was excellent and kind and never got upset with us. As far as excursions These were a little less than to be desired. I will go into detail about the 2 horrible experiences we had on 2 separate occasions. The first was in San Juan. We had signed up for the bacardi experience. We were at the dock as directed on time. We were lead to a boat to take us across the water to the other side to board buses to take us to bacardi. However some passengers as we were told were late getting off the ship and therefore we sat on the boat for and hour waiting for them to arrive so we could get going on our excursion. This was a complete waste of time. Why would we wait for someone I thought the policy was if you were late then we left without you. When we arrived to the bacardi factory we were told because we were late the tour had been canceled and we would have to chance to run into the store and we would be returning to the ship. I find this was a complete was of our time and I did not get to enjoy San Juan at all. I think it was insane to dock at 5pm in San Juan Why doesn't Carnival spend the day in Port instead of the night? The next nightmare excursion was Nassau. We signed up for the Atlantis and harbor tour. First of all it was pouring rain when we docked in Nassau. I know you don't control the weather but we were prepared for the weather. We docked in Nassau and got off the ship to walk around before the excursion. We wanted to enjoy the shops as they close at 5pm and our excursion wasn't supposed to be done until after 5pm. So after visiting the shops we walked all the way back to the pier to only walk right back from where we just came from to board a boat to head to Atlantis. We got onboard and the guy started to talk and it was pouring rain. we couldn't hear a word he said and we missed the entire harbor tour. He said sorry he couldn't do anything about it. Once we arrived over on the island where Atlantis was we were told to hop in a taxi which would bring us to the casino for our tour. when we got there the tour had already begun and they told us to walk with the crowd ahead of us. we once again couldn't hear a word this women was saying. We kept asking her to repeat herself and she got mad and gave us an attitude because we couldn't hear her. She took us to the Dig and then ended our tour at the end of the dig. She never took us to Predator bay which was included in our tour because she didn't want to get wet walking over to predator bay. She then left us in the Dig and told us we had to find our own way back to the ship. We knew that wasn't right as we had a return ride included in our tour, but she insisted that was wrong. So we walked to the front of the hotel where a bellman told us to get into a taxi to get back to the ship. So we hoped in a taxi to only sit in traffic for 45 minutes before we got out of the taxi and walked to the ferry and found a ride back to the ship. This was a very UNORGANIZED trip and I could have done this trip on my own and not wasted my money on the Unorganized excursion which didn't give us everything we were promised. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>