Celebrity Summit Cruise Review by Kaycy

Member Name: Kaycy
Cruise Date: July 2007
Embarkation: Vancouver
Destination: Alaska
See More About: Celebrity Summit Cruise Reviews | Alaska Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Entertainment 5+
Shore Excursions 5+

Celebrity Summit - Alaska
I sailed to Alaska with 16 of my closest friends on Friday, July 20, 2007 from Vancouver. The Celebrity representative met us in the airport and directed us to a shuttle which took us effortlessly to the port. The embarkation process was extremely organized and we were on the ship having lunch before we knew it. Our rooms were ready right after we finished lunch. My room was an inside cabin and since I am a single traveler, I had more than enough space to move around and store things. My friends are mostly couples and they agreed that the rooms were spacious as well.

The ship is lovely, very classy. I've sailed before on another line and would never go back to it.

We were having a "wine tasting" in the dining room while sailing on the inside passage. Breathtaking views.

There were some activities that some of us participated in - such as Merangue lessons, line dancing, trivia quizzes etc. but there was enough for all of us to keep busy if we wanted or to sit and relax in the very comfortable lounges that provided warm wooly blankets instead of towels.

Our first stop was Ketchikan. We had our excursions booked before we left for our cruise so even that went very smoothly. We did the "duck tour" which is on land and water. We had a lot of laughs as the tour director was a real hoot. It was amazing how close the ship gets to the town. It was very picturesque. We made a meeting time for us to get together before our late seating dinner for a cocktail at one of the many beautiful and comfortable lounges. Our waiter and assistant waiter were so much fun and very accommodating. Our assistant waiter, Tongdu, memorized everyone's name before the 2nd night's dinner! Very impressive. If we ran into him during the day, he would always say "Hello Miss Karen"... The show was terrific...so much talent. The young lady that sang songs from the Broadway show "Wicked" could easily play the lead in NYC.

Our second stop was Juneau where we booked a tour to Mendenhall Glacier followed by a whale watching tour. AWESOME. The Glacier was beautiful. We saw many many whales. It was another wonderful day. Juneau is also a very cute town. There was a comedian at the show this evening...hysterical. We were crying with laughter.

Third port was Skagway. We took the White Pass Railroad tour. This train ride was beyond words. What a view and what a comfortable and interesting trip. We were very lucky that the clouds had cleared up so we had a clear view of the tops of the mountains. We had dinner in Normandie - I totally recommend this experience as it is more than dining...it truly is an experience. Service, food, ambiance outstanding. Well worth the $30 service charge (plus tip and wines). I would do this more than once next cruise. There was a ventriloquist this evening and we all took a nap.

Last port was Icy Strait Point. We did not book an excursion but went by tender to the dock where there were a few shops. We took a walk through the woods which was very beautiful. There wasn't too much there but we enjoyed the port none the less. Evening show was awesome, again.

Last day we sailed to Hubbard Glacier. A SIGHT NOT TO BE MISSED. At 6am we were on deck, wrapped in those nice wooly blankets with a hot chocolate in hand viewing sights that were unbelievable. It was a day to remember.

I know this is a rather long review, but I was so very impressed with everything that Celebrity had to offer, that I cannot wait to book another cruise. Breakfasts, lunches, snacks, dinners, cocktails, shows, dancing, teas, casino, games....all 200% wonderful.

It was my best vacation ever ! Thanks for listening and if you chose this cruise, you will never be sorry !

Bon voyage, Kaycy