Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Stacie: Norwegian Star - Cruise to Nowhere

Norwegian Star - Cruise to Nowhere

Sail Date: February 2004
Destination: Cruise to Nowhere
Embarkation: Honolulu

From the time I began booking this cruise, I experienced nothing but argumentative, unhelpful service from the NCL staff. Once the cruise was booked, they messed up the reservation and then told me that if I wanted it altered to what I had originally requested, there would be additional charges. I ended up canceling the NCL flight portion and booking the flight myself. When I returned from my cruise, there still was no credit, $1,900, showing on my account for the flight portion. When I called NCL to inquire, I was basically dismissed and told they would 'get back to me.' Reminds me of the check's in the mail excuse. As far as the actual cruise, it was substandard. The sheets and comforters on our beds were stained and dirty. I found a bathroom towel in our suite that was dirty and had makeup on it.

The ship was amazingly noisy so you never got a good nights rest. All night long, things were banging, creaking and making noise. The food was poor to average. If you wanted to More eat in the nice restaurants, you had to make reservations, which most of the time you could not get due to them being booked . . . then there was an additional $12.50 per person charge to eat there each night if you could get reservations. In the restaurants you could eat in without the $12.50 charge, lobster and other high end selections were an additional cost. The Tappas 'Restaurant' is not a restaurant at all. It's a bar that serves the same three appetizers every, single night.

The entertainment was worse than some high school plays I've seen and it never changed . . . the same three entertainers where featured the entire week - BORING. The extra activities were a joke. The staff at Blue Lagoon, the Market Cafe the Tappas Bar, the other bars and the food areas by the pool treated you like you were more of a bother than someone who had just spent thousands to be on the vacation. The only good thing I can say is that the shore excursions were nice. However, that has nothing to do with NCL as each excursion operator is an independent contractor. Overall, this cruise was a waste of money and time and a huge disappointment. I will spread the word to everyone I know to stay away from NCL. I can't express how much of a disappointment this cruise was. Less

Read more Norwegian Star cruise reviews >>