Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by Tweets Mom: Norwegian Pearl - Alaska

Norwegian Pearl - Alaska

Sail Date: June 2007
Destination: Alaska
Embarkation: Seattle

Background: We are a family of 5, I have 3 daughters ages 12,14,19 years old. We've been on 1 short cruise to Mexico, 4 nights. Traveling with inlaws.

We arrived in Seattle at 10pm at night so had to book a room for the night. We stayed at the Airport Seattle Hilton & Conference, they had a shuttle to the hotel and then to the ship the following day. Hotel was clean, nothing fancy, only 1 restaurant in the hotel to eat at. We were picked up the next morning at around 9:30 and shuttled to the pier.

Embarkation: Smooth, we boarded early, about 11- 11:30 am. Alex the concierge was really nice and helpful.

Ship: gorgeous, what can I say I was impressed all the way around. Very well laid out, wonderful areas to take in the sights and relax.

Room: We had an AB Suite, it was terrific. We had 5 people in our room and after reading reviews I was afraid of the space, all three of the girls were sleeping in the separate room and they were fine a bit More cozy, I stored all the suitcase under our bed lots of space there and in the closet. We had a great butler, and the room stewards were awesome.

Food: I thought the food all around was good, not terrific but good. We had sushi one night it was okay, I felt the teppanyaki, and the asian place was really good. Went to Cagney's for breakfast and lunch, great place for the suite people to eat. Garden cafe was a bit crowded at times hard to find a table.

Shore Excursions: We did the Mendenhall Glacier, that was a interesting tour. You can walk out to the point to see the Glacier closer. Take an umbrella or bring a poncho, it was a bit rainy. We also went to the Salmon bake, I enjoyed that, thought the salmon was tasty and pretty good sides also.

Our tour in Skagway got cancelled, but we did go to Jewell Gardens, cute place, the flowers and vegetables were adorable and very colorful. We had lunch there for $7.00, quiche,salad,tomato soup and tea, very delightful! You can catch a shuttle there from 4th or 5th ave, theres a shop.

Ketchikan, did the Lumberjack show, that was fun, the girls enjoyed that, and went to Totem Bight park, we had a informative tour guide, us older folks enjoyed it, think it was too educational for the kids on vacation. Beautiful scenery and totems. We didn't have any time to check out the shops and stuff and it seemed like a great little time, wish we could have spent more time there.

Glacier Bay: Spectacular!!!

Victoria: Another town I wished we could have spent more time in, funny story, we caught the shuttle bus from the pier to downtown, $6.00 per person all day, well when we got back to the stop to catch the bus there must have been about 150 people waiting, so we hailed a cab, $7.00 for the 5 of us to the pier. (I thought that was funny)

Disembarkation: Smooth We booked a shuttle to our hotel downtown, 10 of us. We stayed at the Downtown Hilton, great location. We went to Pike's Market, saw the fish throwing.... it was fun, ate at the crab pot, great food loved it!

We had a wonderful time, best vacation yet, the Pearl was beautiful, the staff exceptional, we were sad to leave! Less

Read more Norwegian Pearl cruise reviews >>