Carnival Victory Cruise Review by daisiesmom

Carnival Victory
Carnival Victory
Member Name: daisiesmom
Cruise Date: June 2007
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: 4G
See More About: Carnival Victory Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
        3-6 5.0

Carnival Victory - Canada/New England
This was our 3rd sailing on the Victory. She hasn't changed too much over the past year. Embarkation: We arrived at the pier around 12:00 and we went through the lines fairly quickly and were on board by 1:00. Since we couldn't go to our cabin right away, we decided to go to lunch on the Lido deck. It wasn't too crowded at that point, but within a 1/2 hr there were a lot of people looking for a seat. Once finished, we (husband, daughter and myself) decided to get up to give others a chance to sit and enjoy lunch. The food was okay for the embarkation lunch.

Cabin: We had a balcony cabin which is the only way to go, for us. The room isn't bigger than an ocean view or inside, we like it for the views. Our room stewards were absolutely wonderful. They were very attentive to our needs and always had a smile on their faces. (We never found out their names though).

Dining Room: Let me start by saying our wait staff was wonderful in the Pacific Dining Room. The food had changed somewhat from last year and we didn't care for it as much, but it is a personal view. The deserts were still very good. We had a 5:45 seating and felt a little rushed some nights. We also tried the buffet for dinner and it was okay. Casino: My husband and I spent a lot of time here. Since we are big gamblers, this is where all of our action is. The Victory still has one of the best casino's at sea. Although we didn't win this trip we still had a good time.

Excursions: The weather was quite comfortable in St. John. We did have an excursion booked, but we decided cancel it because I had pulled a muscle in my leg and was quite uncomfortable. Instead we walked around the pier and purchased a few items to take home. The weather in Halifax started out nice then turned rainy as usual. We didn't take a tour since we have in the past. We took a wonderful walk along the pier to a store named "Cool As A Moose". This is a really cute store on (Water St???). We made a few good buys there and then had lunch at a Japanese restaurant on the mainland. I unfortunately cannot remember the name of it. (I'm not good with names).

Camp Carnival: Our daughter who just turned 6 a few weeks prior to the cruise was now eligible to be in the disco for the camp. I must admit I was a little nervous about this since she was going to be moving around at times rather than being in the same room all the time. Thankfully I had nothing to be nervous about. The counselors did a great job with all of the children they handle. My daughter was always exhausted by the time we picked her up at night. She ate dinner with them every night and she was always pleased. The only comment I have is there needs to be a better process to drop off and pick up children. It is a very long process which could be fixed--somehow.

Overall: We had a nice time on this cruise. I guess since we have cruised it several times in the past, we are ready for a change. Maybe we will look into the caribbean next year.

Publication Date: 07/17/07