Carnival Glory Cruise Review by skywahwah: Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: July 2007
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

It has only been 2 days since our return and I am still feeling the rocking. What a wonderful time we had on the Glory! We have sailed many times in the past (aprox 15 cruises starting in the late 70's). The Glory was everything and more than we had expected. We live in Florida so the short trip by car to the port was most exciting. Our son who is 14 and been on two other Ships says this was his best cruise ever. He is still going through major withdrawals and says he feel like he has been hit by a truck since departing the Glory. We encouraged him to attend the first nights get to know people party where he met so many other kids he was never alone. (We actually did not see him but maybe 3-4 hours the entire week). He let himself in every night and we knew he was ok as well as he carried a walkie talkie with him so we could always check in with him. It was a taste of being an adult for him and a week he will not soon forget.

My husband and I had such a wonderful time as More well. We really enjoyed the food and have to shake our heads at people who complain about the food quality. Everything was so good and we only ate in the main dining room twice. We has signed up for the late 8:30pm seating and after the first two nights felt it was just too late so we found ourselves eating in the Red Sail every night which was fine as the selection was great and the quality was the same. The Caesar Salad is so good and the upstairs Fish and Chips offers a wonderful seafood soup! There was a cool dessert we discovered, it is kind of like eating brownie batter with a bit of a top crust, put a little vanilla ice cream on it and it is to die for!

Our room was very comfortable. The bed was good and the linens are very comfortable. Our room steward was very flexible with us and our changing schedule. If you travel with a c-pap machine like we do, you will need to take along an extra extension cord as there is no power outlet next to the bed.

We also traveled with our daughter and her boyfriend, they are in their 20's. He had never cruised before and said the cruise was way better than he had expected. There was plenty for them to do and they really enjoyed the pools, decks, music and late night dancing. They also enjoyed all the shows and drug us along with them (in our younger days, we avoided the shows but now really enjoy them so it was nice to see young people enjoying them too. The late night comedy was always worth staying up for).

The ship is so colorful, I think it is the prettiest ship we have been on and I really loved the changing colors. I think the only negative thing I have to say about the Glory is that it was a bit smokey at times. Many of the clubs do not allow smoking, but the ones that do tend to get very smokey and as a non smoker I had a problem with all the smoke. Otherwise, the ship is wonderful and I would love to go on her again.

One last thing, there is a small club called Bar Blue. The live band is great! I could have stayed in that club round the clock. The people dancing to the live music were mostly middle age adults with some young adults and even a kid or two. These guys could fill a much larger room but really rock the space they have and everyone has so much fun.This club is not to be missed when sailing on the Glory.

Carnival did not let us down with this cruise. It is our fourth with Carnival and we look forward to many, many more. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>