Carnival Conquest 5

“Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Conquest

Lazy Cajun

Overall Member Rating

Let me start by saying this was my second Carnival Cruise and the second time I cruised out of Galveston. My first was on the Celebration in 2003 with DW. This cruise we had 6 other family members with us.

Embarkation: Well what can you say. The last cruisers did not get on the ship until 5:15. Yes a whole 1 hour and 15 minutes after the ship was to set sail.

The first two days at sea were typical fun and games and the Mardi Gras Deck Party was really neat alot of people participated.

Jamaica: We chose the Sandals All Inclusive. Not at all what we expected. This was probably the most unsatisfactory day we had on the cruise. Us Cajuns like our alcohol and were limited to what type we could have. There was only one brand beer and a few mixed drinks that were served and very few activities to do. We could have went to some other beach somewhere and not paid $95PP.

Grand Cayman: Absolutely Beautiful. We took the island tour to the turtle farm to the More rum cake factory and to Hell. Hey I can actually say That I have been to Hell and Back. After the tour we headed to Margaritaville. Great fun but pricey on drinks but were able to drink what we wanted. Very beautiful laid back place. The police don't even carry weapons. Will definitely be Back to Grand Cayman.

Cozumel: Fiesta, I mean fiesta party boat. This is a must for people that like to have a good time. The beach (playa del mia) has very beautiful water and very good Mexican Food. After the excursion we headed over to Carlos and Charlies and Senor Frogs. Had DosXX and a good time.

Debarkation: Just as bad as embarkation. Less

Published 07/17/07

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review

Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?