Ocean Princess Cruise Review by southiegirl: Tahitian Princess - South Pacific

Tahitian Princess - South Pacific

Sail Date: June 2007
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Honolulu

We had a very unpleasant experience on this cruise. The ship was so small we could really feel the motion. We all had to take Bonine all 12 days to help with the vertigo. There were many older passengers whom we met who had stated that they had been cruising for years and this by far was the worst.

The staff were great and the service was excellent. Not the same for the food. As a vegetarian the menu was very limited. I had to order off the children's menu to get a bowl of pasta.

The children's activities were very poor also. The staff were helpful but the children were stuck in the "card room" all 12 days which sometimes had more children then they could fit in the room so they would sit on the floors in the hallways. There were not many structured activities mostly free play. Usually consisting of board games for hours on end.

The ship had very limiting entertainment. The same performers night after night. There was nothing to do after 11:00pm as they More would shut the Lounge down for the night. I was told by an Asst Director that "Princess is not big on entertainment just the ports of call" and this was very obvious.

The pool was 5'8 all around so the children played in the hot tubs. This was a big disappointment especially when you are stuck for 12 days and the kids cannot swim!

Children were allowed in the Lounge but not welcome at all by the staff. I paid full fare for my child to be there and I felt that they had just as much right to be there as anyone else. The ports of call were beautiful. The biggest let down for us was Tahiti. The day were were in port was a "holiday" and the staff neglected to tell the passengers so there was literally NOTHING open. I think they should mention that in the schedule so that we would have been prepared. This was our first and LAST Princess cruise.

If you have children think twice before booking this one. Less

Read more Ocean Princess cruise reviews >>