Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by themadisons5103: Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas

themadisons5103
Member Since 2007

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Majesty of the Seas Bahamas Cruises

Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas

Sail Date: June 2007
Destination: Bahamas

This was my husband's and my first cruise. This vacation was to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary.

On the day we were set to sail, we arrived at the port at 10am. Now we know this was probably a little too early. We did a lot of sitting and waiting. They didn't start boarding anyone until 11:45am and maybe even a little later. Next time, we will wait a few hours longer. Once they started boarding, everything ran quickly and smoothly.

Dining: The lunch in The Windjammer after boarding was okay. We didn't eat lunch there anymore, however we ate breakfast there every morning as it was good - we never left hungry. For snacks, we went to Sorrento's a few times and sometimes we ordered in room service. Both were fabulous! For lunch we went to Johnny Rocket's and it was great! We just couldn't eat as much as we wanted to there! We ate all of our dinners in the main dining room and I would rate all of the food as a B+. I have for sure have better at 5 star restaurants, More but I understand that they are cooking for 2000+ people, so for that, they did a pretty god job. I think the dish that they did the best were the steaks, and the soups were pretty awesome too. One day we ate lunch in the main dining room and it was a much nicer experience than lunch in The Windjammer.

Room: We stayed in a superior oceanview stateroom on the 9th deck. We were very pleased with the accommodations; however it was small, but once again understandable. I am very glad that we went with the superior oceanview because it allowed us to have a couch which in turn gave us more room. The window was great during the day so we could look out and have natural light, but we had a hard time sleeping in. We did close the curtain, but the little sliver of light in the very early Caribbean morning woke us up early every morning. Next time, we will try an inside stateroom. Our stateroom attendant did a great job at keeping our room well stocked and the bed made. He made our bed three times and left us a towel animal three times. The best thing that I can recommend you do to keep your room from being a disaster is to find a collapsible hamper.

Entertainment: We enjoyed all the shows that we went to. On the last night we missed the Broadway-style production because we were just kind of tired. However I am sure that it was just as good as everything else. The Love & Marriage Show is a must-see!

Shore Excursions: We booked 2 shore excursions through the cruise line. Diving in Cococay for my husband and the Conch Train/Tolley in Key West. My husband enjoyed the diving, however was disappointed in what he saw... not much of anything. I was very disappointed in the Key West Trolley tour. I was under the impression that we would be able to decide if we wanted to get on and off, but when we got there, we were told that if you book through the cruise line, you don't have the choice, you can only get on and stay on. If I would have known this, I would have booked directly with the company. I have a feeling this is a downfall of the touring company, not the cruise line.

Spa: I went to the spa while my husband was on his diving shore excursion. I chose to do one of the combination packages that did a little of everything. While each one was okay, I didn't feel like I got enough of it. I would recommend that you pick one or two full-length spa treatments instead of the combo. The sales pitch wasn't too bad like others have said. More than likely, I would not use the spa again. I'd rather go to my favorite spa here at home.

Overall experience: We loved the cruising experience and can't wait to do it again. More than likely we will be trying a variety of cruise lines just to check them out. It was so great to be able to pay or money and have everything included. We could have spent less money on all of the extras but we were on vacation, so we didn't worry about it. Needless to say, this was the best vacation we have ever had together. This cruise was an experiment and we learned what we need to do to make it even better for next time. Less

Read more Majesty of the Seas cruise reviews >>