Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Ponise

Carnival Miracle
Member Name: Ponise
Email: ponises@yahoo.com
Cruise Date: June 2007
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Entertainment Not Rated
        7-9 1.0
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Miracle - Eastern Caribbean
Embarkation was a breeze...we were in line and on board within an hour of arrival.

Upon arrival we went to drop off our carry-on in our room (oceanview)...absolutely loved the view and the room - plenty of space for all of our 6 bags :) We received our bags after dinner about 7:30pm **Remember to pack your bathing suit and change of clothing in your carry on**

Aboard the fun ship - Quickly making our way to the Lido deck we began to pig out...my daughter wasn't as hungry as I (2 ice cream cones, cheeseburger, cheesecake, 2 cups of juice and the drink of the day)...so she just ate some fries and watched as I devoured everything I could carry. :) :)

There were 28 people in my group and I must say we all had a wonderful trip.

San Juan, PR was a very scenic place with the old streets (reminded us alot of Baltimore with the row houses)...our tour Guide was excellent...however for future reference you do not need a tour guide we were approximately 15-20 minutes from the boat. We could have very well walked to the shops and back to the boat without the extra cost. But, with that said his knowledge of San Juan was incredible (he looked to be in his mid-thirties) and I just found it amazing how much knowledge he had of his country without having to look at or read a brochure.

St.Thomas 5 stars (I loved, loved, loved Coki Beach)...our tour guide was an idiot by far...he had an attitude from the time he picked us up from the ship. If you can get a cab to take you to Coki beach you must try the Island drinks...Yum!!! I'm still trying to get recouped from that one. I can't think of the name sorry :( try them all...LOL! The curry chicken was excellent also :)

Tortola (Virgin Gorda - The Baths excursion was a mini survivor hell)...I have never had to go thru so much to get to the beach...but it was well worth it. Wear your swim shoes the rocks are very, very slippery. I may have been able to maneuver better had I not had to help my 8 year old. You must be in shape to do this excursion. Not completely - but overall able to bend, climb and walk atleast 2 miles.

Back to The boat AWW it is sooo addictive...my waiter was Margo, Bartender was Nikola (i'm coming back for you:);) and waitress Anita were the best people I have had the pleasure of interacting with in years they were terrific (we sat at table #124 upstairs). Margo entertained us every night (Ur welcum!) I am still laughing out loud. Anita made sure I had my lemonade every night after I requested it the first night - even when she wasn't working in the dining room...don't ask me how? Nikola is the best bartender on Carnival!!! Hands down!!!

The Lido deck was my favorite spot - you can eat, drink, tan, swim and dance all in the same hour...who could ask for anything more?!?

The boats overall decor was unbelievable...I can't really describe it as anything less than perfect. Each room told a story and I give a thumbs up to the designer.

**Yep here we go my whoas -I think it very nasty for shirtless and shoeless men/women to be in line getting plates while everyone has to stand there and suffer!!! - Also there should be a new director for camp carnival picking up and dropping off should NOT be every two hours. So for those of you who have children 8 and under be prepared to get your exercise. There is drop off at 8:30 am Pick-up at 12pm, 2pm, and 4 pm so to be safe just drop off your child at 5:45pm and be done with it. -Oh but it doesn't stop there be prepared to have your $6 p/hr fee after 10 pm charged to your sign and sail card every night at 10:01pm (3 nights it was well worth it the other nights it wasn't - they did nothing but watch TV) Children 9 and over can sign themselves out so they will be fine to go back to the room and wonder the ship "alone" because they will allow them to leave unless you specify that they are to be signed out by an ADULT

***Wear your jeans and jackets to the Frankensteins lab people or you too will feel like Frank...lil' jokey joke

**Ladies bring your jackets...it's freezing inside the boat (for all of you anemics out there)

Overall I give Carnival Miracle 10 stars...I would love to go back on carnival again. In fact I have to go plan for my next cruise now...goodbye for now!!!

I almost forgot!! Debarkation- A walk in the park...Off the ship and in the car (with a Porters help of course) in less than 20 minutes

One More Thing...Pictures!!! Be mindful that there are sensors on the back so don't try to run away with them :) :)

Publication Date: 07/10/07