Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Deb: Carnival Victory - Canada/New England

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Canada & New England Cruises

Carnival Victory - Canada/New England

Sail Date: June 2007
Destination: Canada & New England
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

This was my 4th Cruise (all Carnival) The first 3 were GREAT! This one was the WORST! I can honestly say that there were absolutely no good highlights of it.I feel cheated of my vacation time and money.

Dining Room: 1 waiter with no help, he forgot one couples meals completely the first night(which weren't worth eating anyway). We asked for coffee and was told we would have to wait until dessert. Dessert came and it was inedible and we never did get any coffee. The following night was no better so we gave up on the dining room which happens to be one of my favorite parts. As for the Lido deck, food was lousy and staff even worse, that was if there was any left when you got through the line.

The staff was rude/standoffish. They probably were as miserable as the rest of us. It was 60 degree outside-fine. It was 60 degrees inside -AC blasting 24/7. Everyone including staff were freezing and using anything to keep warm indoors, bathrobes, towels etc.

I don't More blame the help. I would have to say that the blame lies strictly on upper management such as the Maitre d',Supervisors, etc.

As for now I am singling out this ship as I have had a great time on the other CC lines. But I will look into trying another Cruise Line that is not affiliated with CC and then make a final decision on whether cruising is the way to go.

Shows were not up to par. Excursions were exaggerated and boring not to say over-priced. Many employees -unprofessional, rude.

It seems as though they went though all their ships and took the worst of the worst employees and put them on this ship, including entertainment and upper crew members. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>