Carnival Miracle Cruise Review by Janchris

Carnival Miracle
Carnival Miracle
Member Name: Janchris
Cruise Date: June 2007
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)
Dining 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Miracle - Eastern Caribbean
We sailed from NYC on June 20th. My DH, sister, daughter and 2 grandson's, age 8 and 13,and myself hired a Limo for our trip to the port. We arrived at 11:30AM and was on board by 12:15PM. Since our room was not ready until 1:30, we were told to go to the Lido deck and have lunch. The food at the Buffet is excellent with so many different stations, so please take notice where you are sitting or you can easily get lost.

We went to our room at 1:30 and since I was on the Legend last year I knew exactly what to expect. The room has plenty of closet and draw space and the luggage fit nicely under the bed. We had an extended balcony and since my daughter had the room next door, we had the cabin stewart open the partition which made for a very large balcony.

We ate dinner at the first seating, table number 157, and had a fantastic waiter by the name of Ray who was from the Philippines. His assistant was Humberto from Columbia and was very nice. Ray would cater to my 2 Grandson's and especially the 8 year old. He would cut his meat and even made little paper animals for their enjoyment. The food was excellent and always found something to our liking. I am Diabetic and every night had a different Diet desert and Sugar Free ice cream which tasted like regular and was very enjoyable.

Breakfast and lunch we ate on the Lido deck. The Omelet station was great and one of the Omelet cooks was very personable and friendly. Made our morning meal enjoyable. All in all, thought the food was top notch. My Grandson's loved the 24 hour ice cream machine and had several portions daily. The Fountains Specialty coffee and Desert shop was excellent and worth the nominal fee if you enjoy Latte's and Frappachinos.

The pools were very crowded and impossible to get a lounge chair as there were too many chair hogs. These people must have come down at 7:00AM to put down their towels so no one would sit on their chairs. There was a rowdy and large bunch of friends who thought they owned the pool. They would toss a ball around and do just what they pleased. Security could have been better and stopped these people from taking over. Some of their kids were also very rowdy and made it uncomfortable for my 2 Grandson's who felt intimidated. My GS'S did however enjoy the big slide and spent many hours using the slide. They also enjoyed playing ping pong, playing miniature gold and playing basketball. Neither one wanted to go to Camp Carnival and made their own fun.

In San Juan,PR, we took a private tour for $20 per person and lucked out with our tour guide. He was very friendly and used to live in NY and drove a cab here. The tour lasted 2 hours and we saw and learned much about Old and New San Juan.

In St Thomas we booked the Sunny Liston Tour which took us around the Island, went shopping, and then dropped us off at Sapphire Beach where my DH and GS went snorkeling. I would not go back there as it was not that clean and had a lot of shells on the coastline. Next time will try Megan's Bay which I understand is much nicer.

In Tortola, we take a tour around Island and then had an hour stop over at Sugar Cane Bay Beach which was beautiful. My DH and GS rented a Paddleboat and had a blast.

The only complaint I had was the Lido Deck poolside band Motion. They were not very good and looked and played like they were half dead. They really should get a more exciting group of musicians. Brent, the Cruise Director was not around much, except for showtime's and he could have been better.

Our room Stewart, Melvin was nice, but you could never find him which was not acceptable. You had to call the Purser's desk if you needed something as the Stewart button on the phone was not working. On past cruises the Stewart or his assistant was always lurking around in the hallway. On this cruise they cleaned your room in the morning and then they disappeared.

All said, we had a wonderful cruise and great smooth sailing weather. Would definitely consider doing it again.

Publication Date: 07/08/07