Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Nuggs

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Legend - Western Caribbean
My boyfriend and I and another couple went and it was all our first time cruising. We are all in our mid 20's and enjoy having a good time. We flew down to Tampa and met eachother in the airport (we are from New York and they are from Boston) and then we got a cab and over to the port, it was very quick and easy. Before walking into the port their was a guy taking reservations for a shuttle back to the airport for debarkation day, we decided to pay and we got a ticket to get back to the airport, but more about that later. We were able to check in and get on the boat very quickly, we headed straight up to the Lido deck to grab some grub and some fruity drinks. The first place we went was the grill and it immediately became my favorite, giant hot dogs, cheeseburgers, fries and chili to put on all of them, what more can a girl ask for? Then we wandered over to the bar where we enjoyed some nice frozen fruity drinks, my favorite is a mango margarita, also the dirty banana was a big hit among my friends. The bartenders are very knowledgeable and will make you just about anything. After the rooms were ready we headed down, my friends had the room right next to ours. It was nice to see our luggage waiting for us outside the room. Our friends keys worked but for some reason my boyfriend and I could not get into our room. We headed down to the pursers desk, we were next online when they said they were gonna close the office for the safety drill, now in order to participate in the safety drill you need to have your lifejacket, your lifejacket is in your room, which we did not have access to. I explained this logic and the girl stayed open the extra minute and a half to help.

We had late seating for dinner, it worked out very well for us. We were at a 4 top so it was just us and our waiter was extremely nice. Over the week we found out that if you want to try more than one dish just order both and they will bring you them. I enjoyed everything I ate. I highly suggest the chocolate melting cake for dessert, it is divine. That night we walked around some of the bars, we were never really a fan of any of the piano singers which I thought was a shame, satchmos had a pretty good rock-ish band, but our favorite was the guitar soloist in the casino bar. None of us gambled we just sat there and listened to him. We tried to go to medusas club that night, but we walked in and there was a bouncer who asked for our ids (not only were we old enough, we had been drinking all day on the boat and had not been id'ed once) none of us had it with us since all we walked around with was our sail and sign card, so we walked right out and back to the casino bar, never to return again. Then we wandered around the boat some more and found the midnight buffet on the Lido deck, it was delicious.

The next day was a day at sea, the deck was crowded but we were able to find 4 lounge chairs together. The waiters and waitresses on the deck are good, almost too good, they remember your name and what you ordered to drink. There was a lot of relaxing.

Grand Cayman - we did a stingray city and island tour. Stingray city is awesome and scary. Stingrays are Huge, there are a lot of people out there since its a popular thing to do but that didn't matter to me, there were plenty of stingrays to go around. Then we went to a sea turtle sanctuary and Hell which is basically a tourist trap but I admit I bought a "i'd rather go to hell than to work" postcard.

Cozumel - So much fun, My boyfriend and I went ATVing in the jungle, it was really cool. Our friends went snubaing which is a cross between scuba and snorkeling that does not require you to be certified. They loved it. After we met up at Senior Frogs, had a couple of yards and a good time ensued.

Belize - It was beautiful. We did the cavetubing, it was really cool. we went through carnival, yeah a lot of people go but they split you up and you go a different times. Then they bring you back to have a home cooked belizian meal with belizian hot sauce. mmmm so good. and we got some Belizian Beer, it was also very good.

Costa Maya - My friends went to the Chaccobean (i'm not sure if thats how its spelled) ruins and the pictures they got from there were pretty amazing. The temples looked in tact and they got to walk up some of them. We walked down the pier, at the end is 2 restaurants with a pool in the middle with some swim up bars, and a lot of shops where you can't really browse without being attacked by salespeople. It was nice though.

Every morning before our excursions we used the door order form so that breakfast was delivered early, everything like yogurt muffins juice coffee bagels toast cereal, you name it. It was very convenient. We went to the Golden Fleece twice, the food is really good. I'd highly suggest the surf and turf and the Caesar salad. it is very yummy. One night we went to the arcade, we were the only people over 12 but that didn't stop my boyfriend and his friend from being proud that they beat the alien game, my friend and I played air hockey. It's on the 4th floor but its behind the follies so you can't get to it on the 4th floor, you have to go down to the 3rd and walk through the enchanted forest to get there. We never actually made it to a show at the follies but they were on the TV so sometimes we would watch them. The ship was extremely clean. If you mix the lemonade and the fruit punch together it is really really good. I highly suggest the chili dog and chili fries, oh and mexican day was really good on the lido deck. After we debarked we found our luggage easily and then found the group we had brought the shuttle pass from who picked us up within minutes. The shuttle pass is key because there are a couple thousand people getting off the ship at the same time and they all need some form of transportation, having it all taken care of before hand was nice. I highly suggest this cruise, we had a great time.

Publication Date: 07/06/07