Carnival Valor Cruise Review by DianasBananas

Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean

2nd Time around and she's a winner!! The staff were very good and helpful, ALWAYS smiling. The waitstaff was Excellent and the food was also pretty excellent w/ rare exception. Didn't do the buffets much and that was to my benefit! The food was really good when we did though. Our room was perfect and we decorated it for a festive flair. The itinerary was decent although I prefer more ports of call. All in all though, St. Thomas was gorgeous and good shopping; St. Maarten was lovely and a great place to stroll. Didn't get off the boat in Nassau but spent the day in the spa being pampered all the way! The spa and gym staff are FANTASTIC! A special note to my personal trainer Andrei who made this cruise better than the last time out! Don't miss out on sailing this beauty! Be sure to take Andreis' Pilates class!!

Embarkation took a bit longer this time. Port of Miami isn't as well run as Port Canaveral. And there were long lines to just stand about in vs. being moved along quickly to either a writing station or seats to wait for your window. Disembarkation was smooth until we got into the port to retrieve our luggage. Then we had to go to hither and yon to find the bags, and I had to troop back to find a porter, who took us exactly 100 ft. to our bus for the plane. Kind of a waste of money and again, not smooth. But, not as bad as self assisting w/ our huge bags.

As usual, the best entertainers were the comedians. I didn't see any floor shows this time, which was a regret. The CD-Chris Jefferson, did his best to keep us all entertained as well. His Newlywed/Not-so Newlywed game was hilarious!! And during the Q&A session, his candor was most appreciated. He's a gem! Our waiters in the Washington DR were Raoul and Ikomang. GREAT guys! Very attentive. If the order was slow, there were all sorts of fun tricks that they would show us and then let us practice until we too could do the trick. And they were great dancers for the floor show also! Mr. V, the maitre'd was a bit much, but he did his job w/ vigor and I am sure that he appealed to others. I will say that the ladies bathroom stayed a bit cleaner this time out but, I attribute that to the lower volume of children on board. Last year our boat was packed w/ kids and they almost had the full run of the place. Took an earlier cruise (1 full month) and viola! hardly any kids to speak of whatsoever! I will sail again SOON w/ Carnival and know that my experience will be great or better as the last two times!

Publication Date: 07/05/07