Carnival Valor Cruise Review by Rosie

Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean
My mom and I cruised on Valor 05/20 - 05/27, and I can truly say that it was the best vacation I had ever had,( it was also our very 1st cruise, but certainly will not be the last).

Service was exceptional every day and the food was not all that great but it was good, the steak and cheesecake were my favorites. I will pause to say that Carnival should be proud to have caring efficient employees who take joy in what they do.. namely Chris Jefferson, our cruise director, who always wears a smile and it seems he's everywhere you turn.... wonderful guy!... Then there is Somwang, our head waiter, Adrianna, his assistant, and Gabriel ,who made sure our room was immaculate. Niko, one of the entertainment staff was having fun and getting paid to do so, smart girl!!

Nassau, Bahamas,.... We had a great time, we chose to do independent tours rather than those offered by Carnival, and feel free to ask for Big "T", one of the local tour/taxi guide.. be sure to tell him Rosie from Jamaica(Rita's Friend)recommended him ,we got a full tour of the island..as he likes to put it, the good , bad and the ugly side, and he was quite comical, very knowledgeable yet professional. Been to Bahamas several times, so it was ok for me.

St. Thomas Oh seeing is believing, this is truly a gorgeous island, paradise would be more appropriate with its stunning natural beauty,. Here my friend who works at the Ritz, took a day off to come and get us and gave us an island tour, and I must say that I fell in love with the island, except for the many iguanas ( my # 1 phobia)... the people were friendly and prices were very good.

St Maarten By far the one place that I would never visit again. Customer service in the stores left much to be desired,tours were disorganized and hurried,with the main aim to get back as quickly as possible, nothing much to see on the islands, the tour guide,(Rollings) only volunteered information when asked and frankly the only interest was the nude beach, and the French side which was much cleaner with better roads. we were back onboard by noon, actually quite disappointed in the tour.

we did the self assist debarkation and were off the ship by 8:45, so that we could be at the airport for our flight to NYC to continue out vacation before heading home. overall it was money and time well spent!. I was heading to work one morning and saw Carnival Ship in port and I felt "homesick" lol, I truly felt at home onboard and I willbe back soon. Any questions Jaycan72@aol.com. Enjoy Cruising!!!

Publication Date: 06/24/07