Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by cb1968

Member Name: cb1968
Cruise Date: May 2007
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Western Mediterranean
See More About: Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

LuxuryOnly.com

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) - Western Mediterranean
My wife and I cruised on the Queen Mary 2 for our 1st wedding anniversary. We have cruised on NCL and Carnival ships before but not on Cunard so we were looking forward to trying a premium ship. It was a very pleasant trip. The cabin we had was not the largest or the smallest that we have had before but it was comfortable. I did find that the fridge in our cabin was already filled with pay as you use pop and water and left no room for anything else. If you are like me and would like to have other refreshments that were not purchased on board, the steward will remove all the items if asked. The food was very good and the excursions were expensive but well organized. We landed in London three days early to see the sights before our cruise as we have never been to London before. We stayed at the Jolly St. Ermins, a very nice and central hotel. When I go back I will definitely consider staying there again. It was excellent for being within walking distance to everything, and while the rooms are small, they are very well kept. They even offer a complementary continental breakfast that had a lot more on the menu than the regular fare. The hot buffet was not worth the extra money they were asking when the free breakfast had more than I could ask for. If you are booking the cruise from anywhere other than England, book your own flight and transfers. You will save over twelve hundred dollars per couple, that is what we used for our three day trip to London and transfers. The amenity's on the ship were very good and the food was excellent. If you are the type who doesn't like dressing up for dinner then this is not the ship for you. On our cruise there were four black tie nights and six semi formal dinners. Even the casual nights a jacket is required. All in all we really enjoyed our time aboard the Queen Mary 2 and would recommend it to people who like a top notch experience. I wouldn't recommend it to families as there isn't a lot to do for small children.

Publication Date: 06/21/07