Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Review by glofen

Cruise Date: June 2007
Embarkation: Baltimore
Destination: Canada & New England
Cabin Category: I
See More About: Grandeur of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Canada & New England Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Grandeur of the Seas - Canada/New England
I was very much looking forward to this cruise but as soon as the cruise began, I realized this ship was nothing like the Grand Princess that I sailed on in October. The food was mediocre, the daytime activity choice poor, and although the evening entertainment was good, there was a lack of choice. If we wanted to dance, it had to be very late, past our bedtime. In Boston, there were long lines taking almost 2 hours to get off the ship. The ship's staff did little to help and should have known about this problem (a labor union dispute) before we came to Boston. The cabin had less square footage than the HAL Statendam or the Princess Grand that we had sailed on previously although we did manage to get everything in except our suitcases didn't fit underneath the bed. RCI doesn't give little goodies like at any 3* hotel like shampoo, lotion, shower cap. I had to ask for one. Also, you can't do your laundry onboard and have to pay high prices to get it done. The first day we boarded, we were directed to the buffet as our cabin wasn't ready (not yet ready at 12:30 pm?)and once there, there were few workers there and dishes piled up high on tables. It went downhill from there. I will never again sail on RCI. I heard that they now own Celebrity but I think Celebrity is of a higher class. Supposedly, RCI has "fun" on it's cruises as they advertise, but we had lots more fun on Princess with Reggae parties, 50's and 60's night. On this ship, there was the art auction (a big ripoff), Bingo (costs $35 minimum to play), the casino(which we didn't use), and one lecturer who lectured on very uninteresting topics. No tour of the ship's galley either. The same daytime activities over and over, little variety.

Publication Date: 06/18/07