Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by casachic

Spa & Fitness 5+
        7-9 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Liberty of the Seas - Western Caribbean
We went on this ship for it's third regular voyage. The week before's voyage had a large number of people with the norovirus so our cruise had late boarding and departure to allow the ship to be sanitized. RCCL notified us well in advance of the delay in boarding.

The ship is gorgeous. Even though it is so big, it really never felt crowded. The layout of the ship is so well designed that I never felt like I was walking too much.

We had a quad balcony on the 6th floor. This was one deck up from the promenade which was very convenient. The room was well appointment. The flat screen tv and beds were great. It was a little tight with four people ...we did not have room for all of our clothes but it was fine. If I could get connecting cabins next time for a little more $ I would but it was not available on this voyage.

I am a seasoned cruiser but this was the first time that I traveled with my two sons who are in elementary school. The ship was perfect for them. The younger son loved adventure ocean. He went every night after a quick 6:30 dinner at the windjammer for him.

The flowrider was my older son's favorite. It was like nothing you have ever seen on a cruise ship. It was fun just to watch! If you go with children, they have to be 50" tall to boogie board and taller to surf. If you think your kids might be too short, measure them before you go to avoid disappointment. My smaller son was too short and I did not realize before we left and he was really upset that he could not go.

The H2O zone was also a favorite of theirs. They spent hours in the tiny lazy river which we named the lazy donut!. The area was never too crowded and I could always find a seat nearby to watch them. The ship was filled with children so this was surprising.

The service in the gorgeous dining room was excellent. The entertainment was great. Do not miss the ice show.

The spa was great. They ran a lot of specials and it was not hard to get a last minute appointment in my case. I had a hot stone massage and facial. The hot stone massage was great. I also did pilates and yoga in the gym which were very nice. If you have never done them, you should try a class..it is a great opportunity to learn something new.

I have been on the voyager class before and this ship is very similar just a little bigger.

We went to Labadee, Montego Bay, Grand Cayman and cozumel. I thought that Labadee was the best. We were lucky enough to have great weather so that made everyday great.

The ship is gorgeous, laid out well, has something for everyone to do day and night. You won't be disappointed.

Publication Date: 06/18/07