“Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Conquest

TexBear Carnival Conquest 5 Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean
TexBear
Member Since 2007
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was my first cruise.

A couple of friends invited me along with a dinner club to which they belong.

I was absolutely amazed at the size of the ship and very impressed with the amount of activities available!

The main detraction, and it's a matter of personal taste, is the disconnect between the theme of French Impressionism and the ship's name, Conquest. I wondered what the two have in common.

The food and accommodations were superb and I highly recommend the ship for those reasons alone.

The scenery was fantastic - I never saw such blue water before.

As for the destinations, I liked Jamaica because of the lush and verdant countryside. While Mo Bay gave me a moderate case of the heebie-jeebies, I wasn't ever in any danger nor propositioned to buy drugs.

The Jamaicans are a very pleasant people and polite.

Next up was Grand Cayman. While the snorkeling was fantastic, I wasn't impressed with the island itself aside from neo-British architecture. I did like seeing the birds and lizards in the shopping center near the tendering dock and the historical Fort George with its cannons.

Finally, in Cozumel, I was going to go parasailing (reserved through Cozumel Concierge for Sand Dollar Sports), but forgot that the tour started at the International Pier. Cozumel in mid to late October is still very hot and not altogether enjoyable. Aside from a bit of shopping, Cozumel was a bust.

All in all, this was a wonderful cruise and I'm definitely hooked!

Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Western Caribbean

No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Conquest Review
Carnival Conquest Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?