Carnival Valor Cruise Review by lorri

Cruise Date: April 2007
Cabin Category: 4b
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Valor - Eastern Caribbean
The Cruise from you know where.

First of all, I want to say I often read these reviews and think that person is just picky, grumpy, or let one bad aspect of their trip ruin their whole trip. I am not that person. I am 25 years old, flexible and pretty much have the attitude that having a bad attitude is the only thing that can wreck your day (or trip). On the way to the cruise my group was in a bad car accident where myself and the other backseat passenger were taken to the hospital in the ambulance. It was definitely not the way we wanted to start our trip but we were determined to still have a good time. NOTHING was going to wreck our trip.

Don't get me wrong. not everything about carnival was bad. The shows and entertainment were much better than on princess. The atmosphere on carnival is more party where on princess it is more refined it just depends on what you are looking for. The dining room food was EXCELLENT most nights, the buffet was good but not great although they do have a lot of different restaurants that you can eat at ie deli sushi fish and chips. Getting on and off at the ports was fine. That being said it is difficult to enjoy your vacation when you are exhausted the entire time.

When we first got to our rooms we thought they would be fine. They were interior rooms small but cozy. I was a bit concerned because we were directly over the theatre. This turned out to be our worst nightmare. It felt like the shows might as well have been in our rooms. The shows went on until 1 in the morning and the dancers practiced in the afternoon so we couldn't have an afternoon nap. Had that been all we would have been fine with it. Even though i wanted to go to bed early because i was injured in the accident it wasn't that big of a deal if the shows went on until 1 in the morning. The worst part was that were only to get about six hours of sleep each night or less because every morning we were woken up at 7 am to the sounds of richard simmons live in the flesh doing aerobics for some group called cruise to lose. If this had been at home i would have called the police for disturbance of the peace for the noise. it was about 3 to four times as loud as the shows the beds and mirrors were literally shaking from the bass. I slept in he sports bar a couple of mornings on the couches just to get a bit of extra sleep.When I complained to the porters desk (probably every morning along with numerous other guests) and asked them simply to turn it down i was told that this was something special for that group and another morning that they couldn't turn it down because richard would yell at them. I was so exhausted on the shore excursions i spent most of the time sleeping and i didn't feel like going anywhere. on the ship most of the time i relaxed and slept on a beach chair. i would have liked to have done more but i need more than six hours sleep to function, heck i get more sleep than that at home why would i pay be sleep deprived? it would have been nice if carnival gave a rip but don't expect anything from their customer service. also the shipped seemed to be constantly rocking, not something i have experienced on other cruises. Also bring your own advil, as a result of my car accident i was pooping it back and the infirmary was charging me $6.00 u.s for a little package with 5 or six advils in it. I'm glad carnival cares about the health and comfort of their passengers.

Publication Date: 06/08/07