Carnival Glory 3

“Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Glory

lasttimecruiser
Member Since 2007

Overall Member Rating

This was our first cruise since the late 80's, when we cruised quite frequently with our young sons on the Premier/Disney lines. This trip was a gift from my boss. I would have never chosen 7 days; it was too long for me, but I had determined to make the best of it.

If you are looking for a ship that is attractive and well-decorated, this is not the one for you. I wondered each time I looked around if the designer had purposely made the interior as ugly as they could! The Amber Palace, the place where most of the on-board activities took place, is just too ugly to describe.

I felt as if I needed to keep my hand on my wallet for most of the trip - ten bucks for a bingo card, would you like to buy a rose for your wife at the formal dinner, sign here to include a gratuity for your yoga instructor.... What? A tip for fitness professional? I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Another negative - I tried to correct a $10 charge on my $1,000 bill at debarkation More time, and the clerk at the Purser's desk refused to remove it, because - in her words - no one was answering the telephone in the spa, so that she could confirm that the duplicate charge was incorrect. Please. Give me a break. I stood in line for 15 minutes to contest a $10 charge, and you don't have the authority to remove it without permission from someone in the spa? I was given the telephone number for Customer Relations, so that I could resolve this error myself at some later time. That level of customer service was disappointing.

A few positives - the service in the dining room was wonderful. The food was well-presented, and we enjoyed our evenings there with the friendly staff. The ship's cruise director - Wee Jimmy, kept things fun and lively. The cleanliness of the ship was over-the-top.

If I were to ever cruise again (and I won't) I wouldn't choose this cruise line. Less

Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: May 2007
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Published 06/03/07

Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Glory Review

Carnival Glory Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?