Carnival Glory Cruise Review by lasttimecruiser: Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

lasttimecruiser
Member Since 2007

Cabin Not Rated
Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: May 2007
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was our first cruise since the late 80's, when we cruised quite frequently with our young sons on the Premier/Disney lines. This trip was a gift from my boss. I would have never chosen 7 days; it was too long for me, but I had determined to make the best of it.

If you are looking for a ship that is attractive and well-decorated, this is not the one for you. I wondered each time I looked around if the designer had purposely made the interior as ugly as they could! The Amber Palace, the place where most of the on-board activities took place, is just too ugly to describe.

I felt as if I needed to keep my hand on my wallet for most of the trip - ten bucks for a bingo card, would you like to buy a rose for your wife at the formal dinner, sign here to include a gratuity for your yoga instructor.... What? A tip for fitness professional? I don't know, maybe it's just me.

Another negative - I tried to correct a $10 charge on my $1,000 bill at debarkation More time, and the clerk at the Purser's desk refused to remove it, because - in her words - no one was answering the telephone in the spa, so that she could confirm that the duplicate charge was incorrect. Please. Give me a break. I stood in line for 15 minutes to contest a $10 charge, and you don't have the authority to remove it without permission from someone in the spa? I was given the telephone number for Customer Relations, so that I could resolve this error myself at some later time. That level of customer service was disappointing.

A few positives - the service in the dining room was wonderful. The food was well-presented, and we enjoyed our evenings there with the friendly staff. The ship's cruise director - Wee Jimmy, kept things fun and lively. The cleanliness of the ship was over-the-top.

If I were to ever cruise again (and I won't) I wouldn't choose this cruise line. Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>