Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Vivian Robbins

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Pride Cruise Review by Vivian Robbins
Carnival Pride
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Service Not Rated
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Pride - USA

I was very unhappy with this the Pride. I have sailed on the Elation in 99, and was pleased with everything, the food was wonderful, the service in every aspect was excellent. The Pride was messy, tables were not cleaned for hours, ashtrays stayed dirty, I can count on my fingers the times that I was asked if I wanted anything from the bars. One bar was so sticky from spilled drinks, that my daughters sweater stuck to it.. two hours later it was still sticky. Ten hours into the cruise, the ATM broke down, and it cost $13.00 per hundred to get money from the ship, the ATM was never repaired. When I asked for a bigger glass for my drink, so I could get more ice, I was told that I had to buy a double to get a big glass. When I complained to the Purser about this, she made mention that I had, had quite a few doubles, which embarrassed me in front of my friend. Why should she care how many drinks I had bought, and why should she mention it? I still wanted more ICE!

The state rooms were not made up properly, the showers always had loose hair in them, the sheets were not changed everyday, and the steward seemed distracted when asked for something, asking if she could get it later, or that she had to go to dinner.

The food in both the dinning room and buffet, was cold, or not available, people were told that they couldn't eat because the chef needed the crew to prepare the Captain's dinner. Many were turned away.

On the whole I was not satisfied with the ship, service, or food.

Publication Date: 02/19/04