Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by jstd2u: Carnival Triumph - Eastern Caribbean

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Triumph - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: May 2007

We left central Fl around 6:20 am the morning of our cruise. Arrived in Miami around 11:30 am. DH dropped me off with luggage and he parked the car in the parking garage. I called carnival asking them if it was ok if we brought a flat of water they said sure as long as the plastic wrap was secured on water. We didn't see anyone willing to take our luggage, So we headed inside waited in line to show tickets and passports. The lady that looked at the passports told us that we could take the luggage out and walk right in which we did.

Embarkation: They had lines going every which way and of course they weren't moving fast enough. We finally got on ship around 1:00 pm and went straight to our cabin.

Cabin: I read reviews about what cabins to have and not have but we chose this cabin anyways. Cabin was on panorama deck 1006. above us was the spa and childrens area. This was the 1st time we had a balcony and we loved it. The cabin had lots of space for our clothes and More what not. the shower had liquid soap and shampoo.

Entertainment: I'll be honest went on the cruise to relax and not see shows. We did watch some stuff they did on Tv (I know how boring). The Casino had penny slot machines and nickle slots. I blew maybe 20 bucks. The pools were nice but the hotubs weren't hot enough they were like lukewarm.

Dining: We didn't eat in the paris dining room, we ate lunch most of the time at the New York Deli ( loved the pastrami sandwiches) or the buffets. food was excellent.

Ports of Call: It rained the whole time we were at Coo's cay. it looked like a nice place though and would love to try it again next cruise.

ST Thomas we had to go through customs which was hectic because of the lines getting off the ship. But St Thomas we got off the ship and paid $20 for the tour that you would pay $65 for from carnival, They drove us all around and got some great pic's. I did try the famous banana daiquiri. (yummy) bought some great prada purses.

San Juan PR. I didn't care for, it seemed dirty, starving cats everywhere. We did our own walking tour there around the forts. Stores didn't open when we did this and it was 10 am. bought another Prada purse from a street vendor ( probably fake).

Turks and Caicos Well margaritaville is overrated took the iguana bus tour. We were shocked to see wild Cows, horse, mules, I thought I saw some goats too but DH said no. The lighthouse tour was pretty but the guy I thought was pushy trying to get us to have drinks and food and shop at this location, I bought a water.

Overall We had a great time and would cruise again on this ship and I would stay in the same cabin because for us the location was great to everything. Next time I would love to visit the beaches. We both agreed we could visit beaches anytime since we live in Florida. By the way I forgot to mention they lost our flat of water, next time we'll pack the water in a suitcase. I'm looking forward on planning our next cruise Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>