Seabourn Spirit Cruise Review by onetoothdr: Seabourn Spirit - Eastern Mediterranean

onetoothdr
0 Post

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Seabourn Spirit Europe - Eastern Mediterranean Cruises

Seabourn Spirit - Eastern Mediterranean

Sail Date: May 2007
Destination: Europe - Eastern Mediterranean
Embarkation: Rome (Civitavecchia)

Well I have to say that we enjoyed maybe 70 Percent of the cruise. The staff made most of that percentage. They are friendly and do their best to accommodate. The only problem with the staff is that they are overworked and become distracted because of it, which does reflect the quality of service. If you sit back and watch them, they run around with the heads cut off to get things done (not their fault, they just seem to be spread thin).

The entertainment was fair at best, and the entertainers were third rate and you may really have to force yourself not to get up during a show.

Meals were excellent, along with great room service. The only complaint we may have with the food was the variety, but the quality was definitely excellent. We did encounter a problem with a 3 couple group from Germany. They were very rude and pretty much out spoken about there hatred for Americans. At one point at a dinner one of the men from the group flipped my wife the bird twice. Yep More you heard it right, not once, but twice. We informed the dining staff and they did little as he continued on through out the evening acting like a jerk. On the last day one of the men slapped my wife's hand away while she was taking a picture of a honeymooning couple. I obviously was furious and instead of ending up in a Greek jail we decided to call security since the incident was witnessed. Security did absolutely nothing and gave us an address for the Police Station in Athens to make a complaint. My wife did not even feel safe to come out of the room after that.

My wife and I are avid cruisers and will obviously not sail them again. We found it to be more hype then truth about the "undefined luxury" We and the cruise line should really be taken out of the 5 star categories. We are also a very fun loving couple and it seemed that most of the guests were too up tight and stuffy for our liking. We also did not find the Cruise Line to be as accommodating as published. We would recommend Silver Seas or the Star Clippers lines if you want luxury genuinely nice people and great service. Less

Read more Seabourn Spirit cruise reviews >>