Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by Delkee

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean
I went on this cruise with my sister. We are ages 25 and 22. We had an excellent time. Ours ports were Freeport Bahamas, Grand Cayman, and Costa Maya Mexico.

We flew in same day. We were a little nervous about this because we were tight for time. We ended up having no problems what so ever with our timing. Next time I think, just to have to peace of mind I would go a day early. We requested early dinner, however once we boarded we found that we had the latest dinner (8:30). We decided to give it a try. Our table was great, however I wouldn't change my mind about requesting an early dinner next time. We found that we missed a lot of different things that were going on around the ship (i.e. Deck big screen movies, pre-shows/games). The food was good. The service was wonderful. I'm fairly picky with my food and I had no problems finding things that I liked. Fish lovers will love the menus!!

The ship was very clean!!! They had a lot of little extras in place that were great ideas. For example a tissue paper like dispenser on the back of the door as you leave the washroom, so that you don't have to touch the handles. Our room was always clean and made up perfect.

The ships layout was a little hard to get used to. We found it a bit mazey. We found ourselves having to reference the maps around the ship to figure out how to get around. The problem is that most floors you could not walk un-interrupted from one end of the ship to the other. It really was just a MINOR inconvenience.

The entertainment was good. One night we had a comedian that I had seen on my first cruise a year before. I was happy to see him because I remembered his show was very good. However I was a little disappointed that it WAS the exact same act. Otherwise the shows were great! There is a lot of hard work put into these shows!! The props and costumes are theater quality.

The deck is great!! I LOVED the deck party. We had a ton of fun during this. During the day we never had any problems finding a lounge chair. Also the staff were around quite a bit for drink orders. The music was quite loud which was fine by us, but I could see it not being everyone's cup of tea. If you went up to the 11th deck it was much quieter. The waterslide was awesome.

Freeport was nothing thrilling. I had read reviews before hand so wasn't overly surprised. We took a cab into Lacaya as suggested by other reviewers. We found the market to be a little pricey. The people there also wouldn't budge too much on their prices. We still had a good time just lounging around on the beach.

Grand Cayman was fabulous. We loved it!!! We booked a tour though Moby Dicks tours and did the ever popular stingray excursion. We paid $35 each. The price was all inclusive, transport, refreshments - fruit punch, water, snorkeling equipment, snorkel vests, inc. child sizes, food for stingrays. We had 2 stops, shallow barrier reef to snorkel, and of course the stingrays. How wonderful!! I cant even really explain how awesome it was, you just have to experience it for yourselves!! Grand Cayman itself is very beautiful. Seven mile beach is also a worth the stop!!

Costa Maya was the best shopping. I found the best deals here and all the prices were negotiable. We did a tour with the famous David and Ivan to the Chacchoben ruins. It was soooo hot but totally worth it. There was walking involved in this tour, so if a moderate hike isn't your thing, this tour might not be for you. Along with the guided tour we were supplied with transportation and water. This tour cost us $43.

Overall we had a FABULOUS time. Carnivals staff are wonderful, very hard working people and were constantly smiling. I would for sure book again on Liberty and for sure with Carnival…in fact I already have!!! Bon Voyage!!

Publication Date: 05/25/07