Pride of America Cruise Review by limbo: Pride of America - Hawaii

Pride of America - Hawaii

Sail Date: April 2007
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

This was our tenth cruise. So I wanna start by saying its a long flight from the east coast. And coming home, well I'll come back to that part later. In the past, we really liked Norwegian.

Day 1- We arrived in Honolulu..

Day 2-Hilo--We hired a guy for the day. he took us several places-volcanoes national park and Rainbow falls. The park was different, it was few dollars admission for each of us (me, boyfriend, and two other ladies traveling with us).We also went to Mauna Loa macadamia nut factory, that place was great. I recommend the "honey roasted ones".. day 2 Maui-we tried to hire another taxi but after getting in there we soon realized this meter was running up quick/ We had him drop us off at our excursion-Molokini crater snorkel. About this trip, if i had to do it again-I wouldn't. For one, I didn't see one ioata of a whale. Secondly, the captain claims white caps were breaking in the snorkeling area, so we went to Coral gordens instead.. Im a Caribbean More connoisseur(9 cruises to there), hawaii to me doesn't hold a candle to Caribbean. For starters, the water clarity is minimal when compared to Caribbean. For two, you really don't see that many varieties of fish. (aruba is best place for serious diversity of fish).

Day 3=we rented a blue mustang convertible on our second in Maui. We went to the west side of the island-towards lahaina, kanapal'li beaches. I liked those areas. We layed out and watched some surfers.

day 4-Kona We did another snorkeling excursion. They put us in an area about 5-10 feet from where waves/whitecaps were breaking. Not a good excursion, if your a serious snorkeler used to the calm clear caribbean. Again, i would say the water clarity was 'fair."

Day 5-Kaui We did an excursion called 'tubing the ditch." It was really fun. You float down a waterway, with more tunnels and you spin around on your intertube. We have videos of all these excursions on youtube. Send me an email if you wanna see this. That night, we went to the Luau kalamaku. I would say that was fair. The food wasn't that good, it was about 100 per person, and the fire dancers were good.

Overall, I didn't think it was worth it. Now I will give you my impressions of the cruise. I was exhausted by the time I got there, but keep in mind you have 6 hours more daylight if your coming from east coast. Coming home, we got stuck in chicago, I was there from 8am til 10 pm, ended up having to get a rental car from Dulles to Richmond ( was suppose to be home at 10 am sunday -it was like getting home at 6 am Monday (after being dropped off in dulles)..Musical entertainment didn't impress me either. I've bought so many cds from caribbean, this music puts me to sleep. Also, I usually rave about the food on cruises. Not this one, limited selections, and of those selections, not anything extraordinare. I would say this to you, its a good way to see alot of Hawaii. In the future, I only see the caribbean in it!!!!! Less

Read more Pride of America cruise reviews >>