Carnival Legend Cruise Review by dougers79

Spa & Fitness 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Legend - Western Caribbean
I want to say this was my second cruise and my first with Carnival. I will never book with another cruise line again!! This was amazing!!

Embarkation: VERY ORGANIZED!!! Luggage was easy to check and was to our cabins in a timely manner. A beautiful meal and smiling faces were waiting for us as we boarded the ship.

On cruise days...I recommend doing the activities the ship has planed out for the day. It was a great opportunity to meet new people and make lots of new friends.

GRAND CAYMAN: Extremely beautiful port. I did the island tour and the trip to "hell". It was okay...nothing really "memorable". I had more fun exploring the island but was sad I did not sign up for something like snorkeling as the water there was amazing.

COZUMEL: I did not sign up for an excursion here. Instead we had made some friends at dinner and we opted to just "beach" it that day. We went to Mr. Sanchos's beach. It has food and drinks and most importantly...it was overly packed as it is not well heard of. The food was great...the drinks were better. Its was awesome to have plenty of time o the beach and not having to share it with a ton of people. Its a thirty dollar cab ride...so take lots of friends to help with the cost. They also have shopping and we were able to barter and get some good deals at the beach before heading back into the main port area.

BELIZE: Cave tubing is the thing to do here. The caves are AMAZING and unlike anything you have ever seen. THIS IS IMPORTANT...DO NOT BOOK THROUGH CARNIVAL!!!!! Its twice what you can find on tripadvisor. Dennis has a great tour and his tour guides were phenomenal. Eric was ours and it was great. With Carnival...you get one cave...whereas through Dennis...you get two caves and lunch...all for half the price!!! It was just GREAT!!!! I have a review on trip advisor with my same screen name.

COSTA MAYA: HORRIBLE!!!!! Don't leave the shopping area unless you book an excursion (a mistake I had made). We left the area and went to the beach in which you are hassled the entire time and the beach was covered in ants. Maybe I was hungover...but I could find NO silver lining on this port.

ONE LAST THING!!!!! While you are on this cruise...you MUST stop by the Firebird lounge for Karaoke. EVEN IF YOU Don't SING!!!! Sonya the hostess is the best in the world and your trip wouldn't be complete until you get a piece of her amazing energy!!! I will add that I am not a singer at all...but by the end of the trip I was performing as Elton John in the Legends show at the end of the cruise.

Carnival knows what they are doing. If you have booked this cruise...YOU WILL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE. And if you haven't...YOU WILL HAVE THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE IF YOU DO!!

Publication Date: 05/22/07