Majesty of the Seas Cruise Review by greg turay: Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas

Overall Member Rating

Majesty of the Seas - Bahamas

Sail Date: April 2007
Destination: Bahamas

This was our 8th cruise with RCCL, so we are Platinum members of C&Anchor and embarkation was seamless, actually, my wife signed us in and I dropped off the rental car and showed up 30 minutes later and just signed the form, got my card and walked on the ship to eat lunch.

The refurbishment was really needed, since we sailed a 3 day cruise just one year earlier, and I can tell you that RCCL did a great job of improving most everything, flat screen tv's, nice beds, updated windjammer, and loads of other subtle items that go to creature comforts. The first day before sailing the Windjammer is a bit crowded due to everyone wanting to start that 10 pound weight gain, but tables were cleared by staff almost immediately and turned over fast.

The ports of call were ok, since we have been to them almost every year, I will not expand upon these.

The food in the early dining was tasty, varied and served with superb service. Our assistant waiter was asked to More provide milk with desert the first night, and he remembered to to that each night thereafter. It's the little things like that which brings my wife and I back to RCCL.

The only problem I had was with Room 8084. It was right over the Boleros dance room and the sound system vibrated, that is right vibrated the entire room until the band stopped playing at 1 AM. If you like to stay out late, it would not bother you, if you want to retire early, don't ever get this room.....

Oh, in addition, the entertainment at night was adequate, the broadway shows were OK, nothing special, the comedians were funny, the Love and Marriage and Qwest shows were great and the evening at the Pool cruise director lead parties were special and fun.

But never, and I mean never stay in 8084 or 8082 (our neighbors also complained but got nowhere with the complaints). Less

Published 05/17/07