Carnival Legend Cruise Review by Biza

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Legend - Western Caribbean
First of all I want to say that this ship is fantastic! I have no complaints. I was a bit worried after reading some of the reviews on here, but after being on the ship I don't understand how anyone could complain. The service was great, the food was amazing, and we always found plenty of things to do. We also met an awesome group of people from cruise critic and that just added to the fun.

Cabin: We had an aft balcony on deck 8 and loved it. One day I was woken up from the deck chairs being moved above us, but I just thought it was thunder and went back to sleep. We never saw any soot or trash on our balcony.

Ports: First stop was Grand Cayman. We just walked down the road for awhile and then cut through two resorts to get to the beach. We ended up at 7 Mile Beach Resort. We used their chairs and went snorkeling and no one ever said anything to us. I saw more fish there than anywhere else. We didn't stay at the beach for too long and ended up back on the ship for lunch.

In Cozumel we did the Mexican cuisine cooking and tasting tour through Carnival. I don't want to make this too long so I'll just say this was a lot of fun. It was my husband's favorite day of the entire trip. Lots of drinking, cooking, and snorkeling fun. I highly recommend this excursion.

Belize was my favorite. We went zip lining and cave tubing with Nacho and Cynthia. They are great people and I would do this excursion again in a heart beat. There were only ten of us so the trip was very personalized and everyone was from our cruise critic group so we had a great time. Zip lining is scary, but so much fun. We didn't have to walk nearly as far as other tours required to get to the cave tubing. The cave we went through was huge!! Cynthia showed us some really neat rock formations and a waterfall. We also got a great lunch and got to see the butterfly garden which sounds lame but is actually really cool, and the 20 pound rat! Whatever you do in Belize, do not book zip lining through Carnival!!!! We saw the Carnival group arriving as we were leaving and they must have been waiting in lines in the hot sun for hours!

Costa Maya was definitely the most relaxing day. We walked straight out of the pier area and got a cab to Mahahual. We spent the entire day relaxing at the Cat's Meow. Their food and drinks are cheap and delicious. I didn't get a massage because I had a sun burn on my back, but everyone in our group who did said it was wonderful. We did snorkel for a little while. We swam out really far and it never got more than waist deep. We saw some fish, but not too many.

Like I said, everything about this trip was perfect. I love the Legend and hope to sail on her again in the future. My husband and I loved the casino and ended up $300 ahead. We debated all week whether or not to go to the Golden Fleece. We ended up going on Friday and it was well worth it. I had the best steak I've ever eaten. If anyone has any questions about anything please feel free to e-mail me!

Publication Date: 05/17/07