Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by schertzcruiser

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by schertzcruiser
Carnival Conquest
Carnival Conquest
Member Name: schertzcruiser
Cruise Date: May 2007
Embarkation: Galveston
Value-for-Money Not Rated

Carnival Conquest - Western Caribbean
Ok, let me start by saying I (we) had a great time on the Conquest and even though I may say or post some complaints, I had a great time and would do the Conquest again.

So let us start with Embarkation: What a mess, over an hour and a half in line and the "Fun pass which will speed up your embarkation" was a farce. They did look at it between lines but it made no difference at all. With all the waiting in line our cabin was ready as soon as we were onboard (I'll talk about the cabin later). Went to the buffet and found a short line (much better than I had expected). I don't remember all they offered but Maggie enjoyed the Standing Roast Beef as did I.

The Muster was another farce. Maggie gets claustrophobic (spell) standing in the back so instead of letting her stand up front we were escorted to a bar and saw no sign of anyone taking names or cabin numbers. How did they know everyone was there? They didn't!

Now to the cabin. Having sailed in Aft Cabins before I was expecting the room to be a little smaller with a huge balcony. I could never have been more wrong. The entrance to the cabin was so narrow some suitcases could not be rolled into the cabin. Instead you had to turn them sideways and carry them in front of you. Additionally this hallway was unlit and made in nearly impossible to see inside the closets. The cabin had a bed with only 2 feet of room at the end of the bed and maybe 3 feet between the bed and the window. No sofa in the cabin, one stool for the vanity and only one chair which had to be moved around as you moved around the cabin. While the balcony was maybe 7 feet deep the glass railing slanted toward the cabin cutting off 2 1/2 to 3 feet of floor space. With two loungers and a very small table the balcony was full. Our large suitcase would not fit under the bed so was against the wall and served as a table. There was a table in the cabin but like the chair was in the way most of the time. And then there was a light on the next deck up which could not be shut off so in order to get to sleep the curtains had to be pulled.

The way the ship was laid out there were a couple of floors on which you could not go from the aft to the front without going up or down in an elevator (I can't do stairs) and back again.

The shows were great as was the aft pool bar and 24 hour pizza bar. You could not get a printed copy of your bill during the cruise but, you could review it on the TV in your cabin. The ship had satellite TV for all three major channels (ABC, CBS, & NBC) and for some reason they were all tuned to the Denver stations for those channels. Had to be someplace why not Denver?

The next observation was not the fault of the cruise line but shows the lack of mental ability of the Packs. "Ladies and Gentlemen place you luggage in the hall before 12 midnight and it will be taken off the ship for you." So naturally those who did this had to latterly fight there way to get down the halls because of the idiots who had 6 to 8 suite cases standing in the hallway waiting for there luggage tag color to be called. As I pushed and shoved them out of the way I told them what idiots they were. They were smart enough not to respond as I was in no mood to be cordial.

Again the overall experience was great and I would do it all over again.

Ok, that's MHO.