Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by ERLEC: Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: May 2007

I sailed on the Carnival Liberty from May 6th-12th. This was the first cruise for my wife and I.

I enjoyed the cruise from start to finish. What an amazing fun ship. The Liberty is very very nice! And so huge... Wow!

We decided to book a room in Ft. Lauderdale on the Saturday to make sure we are in Port Everglades on Sunday without any problems. This was a great idea. We took the Comfort Suites Airport West in Davie and got a very nice price when booking flight+hotel with Expedia.ca The hotel is clean and good to spend a night prior and/or after cruise. The offer free continental breakfast, free shuttle to/from Airport and also to/from Port Everglades. The only problem we had was the time it took for the shuttle to pick us at the airport on the Saturday afternoon... They took over an hour! Anyway...

EMBARKATION: We took the free shuttle from the hotel to Port Everglades. This is a quick 10 minutes ride. We were at the port around 11:30am on the Sunday More morning. Gave 3$ to the Port guy that picks our luggage. Then we started the line with the rest of the crowd. Lots of people embarking at this time.. But it went fairly fast and by 12:30 we were on the ship eating a lunch in the buffet.

THE SHIP: So damn big... It might take you a day or two to get familiar with all the things to do onboard. Lots of bars, huge casino, extremely huge theater (3 story high). The pools are pretty small, but enough to get wet. Lots of hot Jacuzzi also.. Very cool! I didn't try the big pool slide, but it seemed funny! Also, the ship is clean like shinning shoe. It's amazing how often you see staff cleaning every single part of the ship!

DINNING: The Golden Olympian dinning room is very nice. The Silver is exactly the same but decorated in Silver instead to Gold. You'll find yourself in a very luxury ship looking at those dinning rooms. The food is good for the cheap price of the cruise. You'll have lobster tail, Quails, Escargots, smoked salmon, etc etc... The beef tenderloin is not very good, it's not really tender. I do much better myself. The wine price is reasonable (you can have bottles at 20$) Also, we were really lucky and got a table for two. To get this simply go and see the Maitre D' as soon as you board the ship on Sunday. Requesting a table for two has been easy for us with Victor, our Maitre D'. I gave a nice tip to him at the end of the cruise to thanks him.

We didn't really used the buffet so I can't comment. The Deli and Fish&Chip are nice. The pizzeria is not bad either. Hot-Dog and hamburgers around the pool are good for a late afternoon snack, especially if you have a late sitting dinner in the dinning room. We had table #546 on the second floor in the Silver Olympian dinning room at 8pm. Our waiter Leo was very cool and funny! I miss him...

THE CABINS: Very clean. Our steward, Clint, was always happy and helping us. He did a great job cleaning our room. The size of the room is just perfect, even with an interior cabin. But the next time I'll probably take a window or balcony. Interior cabins are so dark that we can sleep all day long... Beds are also very very comfortable! Better than at home...

I don't know what else to say... Too many things to remember.... All I can say is that we enjoyed our cruise a lot! It was our first one and it won't be the last.

PS: Don't worry about sea sickness. I was very afraid of this, but the ship is so big that very often you don't even feel you are moving. And when you feel it, it's just a small movement from left to right that will help you falling asleep. You are like a baby in mother's arms. Less

Read more Carnival Liberty cruise reviews >>