Carnival Liberty Cruise Review by J Free 203: Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean

J Free 203
Member Since 2007

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Liberty Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Liberty - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: May 2007

Ok since Adam wrote one I will as well!

Embarkation was rather easy, we got there at 11:15 and were on lido well before 12. Even put our bags in our room to have less to carry. Ate on deck and started to drink!

The room was just enough for us, only thing is the doorway and closet area (not closet space) were rather tight and I'm not a big guy. cabin was perfect location for everything! Empress deck (deck 7) is great 2 floors down to Promenade, and 2 floors up to Lido.

Food was good not great, our waitress was very good and memorized all my little quirky food requests by day 3. Did not do Harry's but heard great things! Buffet was just OK, was really looking forward to the Mongolian grill but it tasted terrible, sauces were so watered down i had to drain my bowl to try and enjoy. Oriental station was GREAT!!!!!! Room service was prompt and average.

Shows were terrible! The comedy seemed like they hired anyone who could read the net for some More jokes, the black comedian doing the white guys can't dance bit... come on! didn't do any of the review shows but heard bad reviews. Karaoke was a blast!!!!!!

Casino was amazing, the nicest dealers and pit bosses, had no problem buying my drinks and just being interested in chatting. I lost my sunglasses in the casino with no hopes of finding them and a few hours later they were brought to me by a pit boss! Most people on board should learn how to play blackjack before sitting down, I saw people pouring money out and it was rather amusing. (in case you were wondering I won over 1500.00 playing blackjack) Also I was not a fan of poker pro, not the table itself that looked great, but Carnival will not do a no limit game as they want novice players to not feel intimidated. Boo to that! casino runs slot and BJ tourney's all week, not for me but others had fun! BLACKA JACKA!!!!

Music, I am a DJ by trade and found the DJ's in the clubs to club TERRIBLE. No sense of crowd rotation and also just shutting the music off at 8:30 because happy hour was over? I went in with an open mind and just was left at a loss, many others felt this way as well.

Ports:

Freeport- Like Adam said why do we stop here?????? nothing to do Casino was nice but I wanted more! Sheraton resort seemed VERY nice tho!

Grand Cayman- Never liked it but must say this time was different. They are really building it up! went to Senor Frogs and had a blast!!!!

Also, they had lots of knock off bags and glasses as well as watches if you are looking for that. Jewelry prices were great as well!

Costa Maya- Well now here is where I truly enjoyed a port! got off and walked into the portside mall. Was approached by a guy for Tequila Beach (a private beach club) the deal was great 40.00/pp for all you can drink(booze too) all you can eat snacks (ships and salsa,fries,nachos) and i main course(we had fajita's) the food was below par and thats being nice but for the price whatever oh and an hour guided snorkel tour was included in the same 40.00/pp!!! Also they had wave runners for 50.00 for a half hour and thats not bad! after that we went to the Cat's Meow after reviews from CC, food was so much better service was great drinks were strong! a little incident with a stolen camera but it got resolved. Also did the 30min massage for 10 bucks!!!! Get a Golf Cart right at the pier!!! 65.00 for the day and well worth it! I borrowed a friends and shuttled people downtown and it was a blast! Thanks Luke and Buddy!

Sea Days were great chair hogs were out as usual and I had to wrestle my seat back from a fat annoying woman but other than that that was ok. Slide is so much fun!!!!!!! Activities on board are often and fun! I won a ship on a stick!!!Yess!!!

Debarkation- Was a breeze we did self and were off by 8am!!! Less