Carnival Glory Cruise Review by mrgljohnson: Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: April 2007
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My family (4 adults) flew from southern California to Orlando on the Friday before sailing. We stayed at the Embassy Suites at Orlando Airport that night. We awoke early around 7:00 and enjoyed a leisure breakfast. We had coordinated transportation to the port through the hotel which went very easy. We got to Port Canaveral at 10:45 a.m. and just beat the lines. Got right through security and had to wait for a few minutes in line on the lobby deck to get in. They opened the ship a little early to let everyone on. Lunch was waiting at the redsail at about 1:00 p.m.

We were able to get into our room around 1:00 p.m. which was excellent. My brother and I shared a room which was very spacious. It was an ocean view with plenty of room for two 6'2" guys. Very clean and organized. The beds were extremely comfortable!!

After lunch we checked out the ship which again was very clean and organized. Leaving the port was cool. several fishing boats returning with their catch of More the day and proudly showing it off.

We had the late seating for dinner at 8:00p.m. in the Platinum dinning room. At first I thought it would not be good that late but I was very wrong. The time was perfect. We were able to enjoy each port to the fullest and still get to enjoy all the great food for dinner!!! The service was great and honestly the food was more than I could have ever expected. The nightly song and dance by the waiters was great. My mother had a birthday while on board and our dinner waiters made sure she celebrated it. Thank You!!

The onboard entertainment was good overall. There is so much to do each day you cant possibly do it all but it is organized. Each port offered something different. Bahamas was dirty and very touristy. St. Thomas was rainy but you cant control the weather so make the best of it. It is a beautiful Island and for $25 per person we got an islandtour for the 4 of us stayed out of the rain and still got to enjoy the day. Hands down was the last stop at St. Maarten. It was clean, beautiful, and the people were great. We got an island tour from a local and went to orient beach. Any water sport you want to do is there. Bars on the beach for anything you may need to drink or plenty of lounge area to just hang out on a white sand beach and water that is lear, blue and warm. The entire place was unbelievable. We are already planning a trip back just to that island.

The return back was 2 days at sea. Plenty of relax time. Still more than enough onboard to do. You get a list everyday.

Over all the trip was great!! We Jimmy is great! An excellent cruise for me and my family!! Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>