“Carnival Victory - Western Caribbean”
Cruise review of Carnival Victory

Vegasaddicted Carnival Victory 5 Carnival Victory - Western Caribbean
Vegasaddicted
Member Since 2007
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
First of all I want to mention that what made us go on this cruise, it was a planned cruise with a radio station and french singer Mario Pelcha was singing for about 90 of us french Canadians. This singer didn't want to be recognized, he was hiding all week. I find that he was a snob! We went there to see him and stage and maybe say hello to him but he didn't want to be bothered. He gave is show on the wednesday so on Thursday I saw him and waved to say hi and he turned around. He could of said hello and continue one but he was so cold.

There were about 90 french speaking passengers if that much, nobody knew who is was, He could off been nicer.

This was a special cruise for us, we were celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary! We went with 3 other couples, one of the other couple was on their honeymoon. Two couples was their first time cruising and the two other couples went on cruises before this one.

It was a nice cruise ship, clean and our cabins with balcony was clean and spacious. We enjoyed our relaxing time on the balcony! one complaint, we are two in the room but only one chair on the balcony, the other one was a beach chair not too comfortable! Had a lot of fun with the waiters, Manu and Alex at the Pacific Dining room at the late seating. They made our cruise so much fun! The food was great!

One thing that I did not like is the lack of chair on the deck, we couldn't find any empty ones, they all ad towels on them but nobody was sitting in them. I think that they should ban that! I feel that you shouldn't be able to reserve a chair unless you are planning to spend the whole day in it. Chair hogs should be banished!!!

Also, like another member was mentioning, the photographs are two expensive! I would of bought more but at $21,95 each, it is too darn expensive! Also, I wanted to by the smaller ones but you had to buy the 8X10 and then spend to buy the smaller ones. Rip off!

The best port was in Jamaica, we did the Dunn's River Falls Royal experience and it was amazing and beautiful! I was surprised that I climb them! fun day and the best day of all the ports. We also had a foot massage on the beach in one of the cabanas, it was relaxing and out of this world, lying down on a bed, while this lady gives you a foot massage listening to the waves, what more do you want! She also brought lunch to our bed, we were served like kings and queens! I will always remember that day! I felt special!

did not like Grand Cayman Island at all! I guess the reason why was that we chose an excursion that wasn't for adults. We did the Pirate adventure and the excursion desk said it was for kids of all ages NOT it's for kids only. It was boring, they had too many people on the boat not enough places to sit. for two hours we were standing and they ran out of rum punch and would not serve it till the swimmers got it.

I would of stayed longer in Jamaica but we had to be back for 3h30. Not enough time to shop!

All in all this was a fun ship, we had a lot of fun in our rooms, all 4 couples had balconies and we partied at the piano lounge, Erik was so good! I danced all night! Loved the comedians, bingo and Casino! I would do it again for sure! Next cruise, Greece.

Carnival Victory Cruises to the Western Caribbean
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Victory Review
Carnival Victory Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?