Carnival Glory Cruise Review by SC GUY

Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money Not Rated
Rates 5+

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

This was our 7th Carnival cruise and the 2nd time we had been on the Glory. We drove from our home in SC on friday to Jacksonville and stayed at our favorite Hampton Inn by the Jville airport.I have a few bad lumbar discs so I don't drive more than 4 or 5 hours unless I have to. Saturday we drove the rest of the way in and dropped our bags at the terminal.(We rolled them to the terminal last time,but this is much easier...you will see what I mean when you get there....DO THE DROP OFF). We were early so we had no problems finding a nice parking spot in the terminal garage.Going through the line was a snap.This time I brought my laptop and digicam and was worried about the security machines harming them,but they were fine.

The start to our cruise was uneventful and easy going. I usually travel with my DW. We are in our early 50s and sometimes bring our 20ish daughter and her friends. This time our daughter had just been on the Elation 2 weeks ago with friends so DW and I went alone. I have a lil scanner I bring and listen to the marine channels as we leave port. This time as we left there were several smaller boats in a fishing tournament coming in as we were going out. The crews on the boats were showing their fish to us as we were going out. A couple of the gals on the smaller boats must have thought it was Mardi Gras because they were showing something else.Let's say in case children are nearby .....they were showing their bait....hehehe.It was hilarious.

We settled in to our cabin at about one o'clock and scurried back up to the Lido deck for some food.Everybody was happy and things went fine.We went to late seating at dinner and were pleased with our dinner companions.I have a degree in mechanical engineering,the guy on my left was a mechanic for Firestone for 37 years,the guy across from me was an f4 mechanic in the USAF in the past,and 3 out of 4 of the couples at our table had been in the USAF. How does Carnival know how to pick such compatible dinner guests? We talked about everything from old Italian mopeds to Hybrid cars. The wives all had a ball too.One couple celebrated their 36th anniversary,one had been married longer,and my wife and I were newbies having just been married 32 years. On our floor was a couple celebrating SEVENTY YEARS BEING MARRIED and the great thing was they got married on July 3rd....just like my wife and I.

The food this cruise was exceptionally great. I did not have one bad meal. The cruise itself was exceptional. We are beginning to call it the Karma cruise. We had NO complaints at all about anything the whole cruise.It was odd because the day before we left both my wife and I went to the doctors office with an ear/sinus thing. We knew we would be sick the whole time and expected a hassle here and there.It never happened though. We were just on the Glory for Labor Day 06. We ran into a grumpy young woman at the pursers and a sociopathic thug at the midnite buffet. Both these people were gone on this cruise. Carnival has a way of weeding these grumpy people out. This time the whole crew was perfect.

We had fun at the ports. I love Nassau and will probably book the Charleston,SC cruise this fall because it stays longer. I wish Carnival had a Nassau cruise like NCLs Bermuda cruise where the ship just pulls in to a port and sits for 3 or 4 days. I would love to park in Nassau for a few days.We just walked around the port area at St.Thomas because DW was saving her $$$ for a full day of shopping at St.Martin.We had been there in Sept.06 so she knew where she wanted to shop and about what she wanted to buy.She loaded up on linens at Mr.Tablecloth,Belgian chocolate at Beatrices on Old Town st.,and jewelry at a few other stores.To top it all off I saw a 1951 Italian moped parked on the street just before we left. It was perfect .....just like this whole cruise went.I know sometimes Carnival gets a bad wrap like being called the WAL MART of cruise lines. I don't think Donald Trump could have had as much fun,been treated better,nor eaten much better than we have the past week. I am not the easiest person in the world to please and Carnival will tell you if they had my name that I have emailed or called them in the past when I had a problem.I give them thumbs up,stars,and check marks across the board for this time out. I'm looking forward for two more cruises and we will have their platinum status.

Publication Date: 05/06/07