“CostaMagica - Western Caribbean”
Cruise review of Costa Magica

shipaddict Costa Magica 5 CostaMagica - Western Caribbean
shipaddict
Member Since 2006
1 Helpful Vote
Overall Member Rating
Just back today from our Magica cruise. Overall it was close to being perfect.

This is the only cruise I have been on with only one day at sea. The rest of the time we were pulling into a port. Grand Cayman Island was my favorite and Cozumel was my least favorite.

The Magica is a big and beautiful ship that had "kids sail free" for this cruise. So needless to say there were a lot of children on board. There were only three children that I saw misbehaving out of maybe 150.

The food is good at the buffet and excellent at lunch in the formal dining room. I did not care for the food at dinner because it was served cold, tough beef, long wait time and rude waiter, Anna Marie.

Even though our inside room was small it was clean and the cabin stewart, Esperanza is excellent at her job and works extremely hard with about 20 hours of labor per day. Our room was located on the same floor as the pools and buffet so there was little walking involved to get to where we wanted to go.

Most of the crew was friendly and helpful.

The shows were well done and the Roman Night with passengers wearing togas were fun.

Getting on and off the ship was always easy. At Georgetown, Grand Cayman Island we had a tender take us to and from the ship. This was down with ease and went quickly.

I would recommend the Magica to my friends at CruiseCritic.Com.

I would recommend parking your vehicle at Park and Fly. The free shuttle service is excellent. Our car was in a secured lot with good lighting, a fence, security and a guard gate.

Costa Magica Cruises to the Western Caribbean

1 Helpful Vote
Read Cruise Critic’s Costa Magica Review
Costa Magica Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?