Explorer of the Seas Cruise Review by babyfacebabe86: Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean

babyfacebabe86
Member Since 2007

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Explorer of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Explorer of the Seas - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: April 2007

April 22nd~Western Caribbean

We got to Miami early, so we waited around until about 11ish, and then we were allowed on the ship. The process was very quick. We weren't allowing into the staterooms until 1pm, so we wondered around the ship. We had a promenade room. It was great! The staff was great all the way around.

Day 1- We eat in the windjammer for dinner(the food was ok :to: good) and wondered around the ship checking everything out.

Day2- Sea Day- Laid out a bit, went swimming. Husband went rock climbing. We went ice skating. I think there was one person on here giving a review of the ship saying that you can only go rock climbing and ice skating once during the cruise...Well thats false! This was also out formal night. Got dresses up and got my hair done in the saloon. Which was expensive and the people in there are the only UNfriendly staff on the ship. Meet our tablemates, which turned out to be great! Our waiter was awesome. And the food was More good.

Day3-Belize- I had signed up for cave-tubbing before hand..In which I HIGHLY recommend...but only through cavetubbing.com....The ppl that did cave-tubbing through the ship were all over the place, they didn't have guides or anything! They gave us a tour of Belize before we went cave-tubbing. It is completely run down..and I wouldn't even consider getting off the ship unless you had an excursion planned. hey are VeRy PooR there in Belize.

Day4-CostaMaya Mexico- We docked at this port..thank God! Tendering is a pain in the butt! We didn't have anything planned here, we walked around shopping. I really like Costa Maya. It was nice.

Day5-Cozumel Mexico- We had pre-booked an excursion through dolphindiscovery.com... We didn't book anything through RC, and I don't think I ever would. We were just fine booking on our own, and its alot cheaper! But anyways, that day we got a taxi and headed to Chankanabb park. It was right down the road from the port. We had booked the dolphin swim adventure through dolphin discovery, so we got in the park for free. Normally it would cost 16 dollars per person. Well, we were a little early for our dolphin swim so at the park they had a place where you can go snorkeling, and a place were you could rent it..I'm so glad we did. It was so amazing. Fish would swim right up to you. And there was underwater caves and statues. After that, it was time for our dolphin swim. It was one of the most amazing things I've ever done in my life. So worth every penny! After that was over, we went snorkeling again...then off to the ship.

Day6-GrandCayman-I was wasn't so impressed here. The shopping was just jewelry stores. So we took a taxi to 7-mile beach(which isn't 7 miles).. The beach was nice but my husband was already burnt from the previous days that he couldn't really enjoy it. This was the last formal night. And also Lobster night..yummy!

Day7-AtSea- Did a whole bunch of nothing. Packed...which was depressing!

Day8-We did the express check out. We one of the first off the ship. We did this because we had a big drive ahead of us.

Overall this ship was amazing. I will never forget it!!! I had the time of my life! Less

Read more Explorer of the Seas cruise reviews >>