Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by sag1804: Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean

Value for Money Not Rated

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Triumph - Western Caribbean

Sail Date: March 2007

This cruise was planned in the last minute. I knew I was going on a cruise during this time period because it was during mine and my friends Spring Break time. However being in college you are dealing with a lot of people who wait forever. Finally the last week in February my one friend tells me he has the money to do it. Then we call the travel agent that I have used before (stole her from my parents who travel a lot) She found us a great deal! Once we were booked for three of us we were set to go. 4A category guaranteed....by 2 days later we were already upgraded to a oceanview....HOWEVER my step brother decided he wanted to join in on this cruise. We ended up paying 427 a piece and being in cabin # 2345. Now that it was paid for etc. it was time for me to get on cruise critic and look up what to do!

We left for Orlando early Friday morning out of Raleigh, NC. My family has always driven to cruises so I figured it would be cheaper (which it turned out to be) On a More cruise I had been on before (Royal Caribbean Mariner of the Seas) I had met many friends. One of them I kept contact with always lets me come down and stay with him the night before a cruise. We left and go onto i-95 at about 10AM. With gas stops and food stops we made it to Orlando at 7PM. It was a Friday night and the other 3 wanted rest for the full week...BUT I wanted to go do the infamous downtown church street. Well that happened, it was crowded as always, and I do not remember much of it. Thanks to my buddy again Fred Keller for allowing us to stay at his house and show us a good time. Well the early morning came and we were already late to head to MIA. Got out of Orlando at about 9AM and were in MIA by noon. Once there we noticed lots of construction but the place is beautiful. Once arrived to the port of MIAMI we were greeted by the baggage guys and off we went to park and go inside. Once filling out the forms was done we were in line and ready to go. I would recommend NOT being hungover waiting in LINE especially in HOT Miami. It was a little slow but by 1PM we were on the beautiful Carnival Triumph.

The ship was amazing. I have been on bigger ones but this one was different. I had really wanted to do Royal Caribbean but for the price we got it was worth it. Once on we had some food in the cafe. Good food, not the best but good. Out to the pool for the bon voyage party. You could tell this wasn't going to be any ordinary cruise. I was looking around and there were college aged/young people everywhere. 18-30. The mustard drill never happened for half of us as people spent the whole afternoon putting MAD money already into the bars pockets of Carnival. (the FUN ships it is...and during the weeks of March I would not recommend anyone who wants a quiet cruise on ANY during that time) Off we sailed to the Western Caribbean. That night we would learn the places you would see most people...the piano bar (around 9/10-midnight), club HOLLYWOOD (all night long until 330-4AM, and late night pizzeria at about 4-5AM. Mark the "Piano Whore" played great tunes for everyone and the Club Hollywood is the perfect "club" I loved it. The late night pizza was awesome. My friend Bryan is a vegan and even he got served well at night. Overall the ship in general was spent at the casino, club hollywood, the piano bar and a couple other lounges every night.

The next day is what we refer to as Sunday Funday. A day at sea on the FUN ships is FUN. EXACTLY. Throw in a great formal night where everyone looks great and a party atmosphere and people were all hanging out with each other. the whole ship were friends already.

The Islands....this cruise goes to Cozumel Mexico, Grand Cayman Islands, and Ocho Rios. We were in Cozumel from 8AM until 10PM on a Monday. It was awesome. Like you can tell from the review so far I am a party goer so this might be better for those who want a lot of fun to read. Off to Senor Frogs at noon. The reason is the weather was so bad all water excursions were cancelled and everyone got their money back. From Senor frogs we went next door to Carlos N Charlies. These 2 places = party. These 2 places always = a shock to your checking account and liver after the cruise is over. Carlos N Charlies made me have cash, senor frogs did not. This place was wild all day and night long. Not much remembered here except good yard drinks and good fun. There were about 2-3 other cruises there as well. You can walk right off the dock where we were docked. I liked this as we could wait till the very end to go back. The Tuesday was a fun day at sea. The same things as mentioned above and the same stuff. Wednesday was Grand Cayman Island from 7-430. You have to tender off to go there and it is a lil rocky getting on. 10 minutes later we were on the island. A lot of ships here. Most people did the regular excursions (turtle farm, sting rays etc.) we OF course went to Margaritaville. This place has a slide outside where you can get sun, drink away. On the inside its some good food...good entertainment and HIGh prices for drinks...but what the heck you are on a VACATION. I didn't like the fact that we had to leave by 4PM but thats the rule. I wish some of these cruises would ALWAYS stay places like at least a 8-8 or something. Next day we were in Ocho Rios Jamaica. We got off the ship here and were harassed by SO many people. To go special shopping etc. I told them ALL I want to do is go to the bar...which was the truth. One lady took me to Margaritaville and I was set. The slide there is AWESOME. The pool bar is AWESOME. www.margaritavill.com will tell you more. This place is right on the beach. the beach has trampolines, volleyball, and beautiful sand. I love it and want to go back. The DJ there was awesome played good music and dancing was happening. I will definitely go back there. It sucked we had to leave at 3PM, but then again I would not feel too safe there after dark.

What? We are already to Friday??????? Last day at sea. Fun was had by all. You know the typical drill for the pool, etc. Carnival has slides at their pools which is a big plus among kids, and even us grown kids. That night is the night they give you the liquor back...needless to say it was a wild night. I forgot to put my luggage outside my room and lets just say it is NOT fun to take your bag off the ship with you in the mornings when you leave a cruise. It stinks bad enough getting off but then with a huge luggage bag it is even worse.

The dinners were great on this ship. I felt for the workers because people were late half the time, or intoxicated. They still seemed happy though. 10 of us at the table. Random guys from VALPO U and some girls from Boston. We all loved meeting up for dinner. We were in PARIS dinning room and it was beautiful. The dining staff gets a 10 plus plus from me. The food gets a double 10 plus. I love cruise food and find it the same quality on every ship I go to. The room, well we had 4 of us in it. It was crowded but when you spend absolutely no time in there (and I mean NO time) in there then it does not matter as long as it has a shower and a bed to sleep on. (which by the way are SOOOOO comfy) the room gets a good grade from me. The ship layout was great. Same as any cruise ship in my opinion. The Entertainment was the best I have seen out of my 6 cruises. I think the people being all near my age made it even better but I could have had fun by myself.

Overall this was my best cruise I have been on. I have been on 4 with the parents and 2 without. I don't care if you are with family or just friends....it always is a good time. I do think also that your last cruise is always the best one haha. I would recommend this cruise to ANYONE. In fact we are looking to go back again next year...so far there is a good deal going with it, and this time it goes to the more tame (eastern caribbean) don't know if we want to do different ports, wild ports, or the same ship we shall see. At 100,000 tons this ship is a good size, out of the people I went with this was a good time, the dates are a great time. Like I said though. a vacation is where you should be able to get wild AND relax. I wouldn't offer older people going during the first couple of weeks in March if you want quiet. I hope all have enjoyed my review. If you want to ask me any information do it. I love to talk travel and will do it anytime. Carnival Triumph is GREAT! Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>