Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by VEOTISS DELA PINTH: Pride of Aloha - Hawaii

Pride of Aloha - Hawaii

Sail Date: March 2007
Destination: Hawaii
Embarkation: Honolulu

We arrived by plane no one from the cruise line showed to bring us to the pride of aloha. When we boarded the boat we told we don't care that had you pay for transportation even after showing them my transfer slip. As you can see this review is not going to be pretty. It is not safe to go back on the Pride Aloha. After boarding we went to our penthouse suite. We called down to our butler and explained that a 10 year had thrown up on me on the plane could you expedite finding our one piece of luggage, so I could get into clean clothes, he explained that it might be a couple of hours before the luggage would arrive at the state room. I then asked if I could have immediate laundry service, he came up and took the clothing. Four days later I received the clothing back after repeated calls to two different Butlers. The part that was really great, that on my final bill I was charged for one day cleaning. Also none of store were open so you could buy a change of clothes or tooth brush. More Luggage finally arrived at 11 pm. We boarded at three oclock in the after noon. The room was as expected very nice and the cruise ship line did have the deck chairs and the egg crates for the bed before I got on board that we had asked for.

Day two: There was no omelettes before the buffet start as promised if you were a early riser. The buffet line, the nightmare began. No organization at the buffet line. The buffet line was cut in half. Making sure you could not get a complete hot meal in under twenty minutes. We ate cold eggs and warm milk. topped off with stale muffins. The condiment were few and hard to get. We tried the buffet line for lunch and dinner , the vegetables soggy, main course unappetizing, The pizza was the cheapest frozen mess I have ever eaten. We had indigestion so bad by day three its was oatmeal and caesar salad for the rest of the cruise . Thank god for room service: oat meal, Caesar salad and the turkey clubs were the only eatable food the rest of the trip.

Day three: We then gave up and tried the crossing dinning room thats has the free sit down restaurant. Forty seven people are in the dinning eating by seven in the morning. We show up for breakfast there is twenty people waiting to be seated and we are told you have a twenty minute wait. The crossing was almost empty of patrons. When a number of the customers asked why can't we be seated we were all told not so politely , there is no wait at the horrible buffet. By the way there was very little seating in the out side waiting area. When we were finally were seated the service was slow and the waiters were indifferent. The food quality low. By the way the concierge who had come to my room the first day and didnot follow up on any of my request was fired on the third day of the cruise. The specialty restaurants : Kahili the food was better the service was great. The wine was poor quality and top dollar. Pacific Heights restaurant: The appetizer were greasy and cold, Service was slow the main dish sushi which was inedible and extremely small portions. What a waste of money and food.

Day four: I have been eye balling the golf shop since arriving, It was never open, I went to the door of the golf shop and it said open the following evening at 7 pm. Well me and 6 other golfers showed up to buy supplies and trips no one showed up. The golf shop was closed period for the trip. I went to the library for some reading material because of the poor movie selection on board. I notice some great Hawaiian poster in the hall way, I asked were I could buy them ,he said they were not for sale. Later in the evening I went gift shopping on boardshop,I found the posters there.

Day five : We tried one of the free show. magician. Good luck getting a drink, the servers were hiding behind the curtains. I had to get up and walk across the theater to get service. The show sucked I mean really . Thank god for drinks. Butler service : The day butler was old school very professional. The night butler he never got a order right. Maid service : was good. All service was good as long as they saw cash in your hand other wise non existent.

Day six: Made it this far, only one day left of the USS CONSTIPATION.

Day seven: There is a one hour wait in line for transportation even after we paid for a fast tract exit. Just think all this for $8500.00 Thank you for a unforgettable trip that I will remember it for the rest of my life. Less

Read more Norwegian Sky cruise reviews >>