Carnival Glory Cruise Review by k5432: Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Compare Prices on Carnival Glory Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Glory - Eastern Caribbean

Sail Date: April 2007
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

My husband and I traveled with another couple on the Carnival Glory, sailing 4/14/07. This was our first cruise and the other couple's second cruise. (Our ages are 27-33) We booked our cruise online which worked out well. When getting off our flight, the staff from Carnival was right near the luggage area waiting for us and leading us to the transfer bus. We arrived at the ship about 1.5 hours before we set sail and had no difficulty getting on. The process of checking in was smooth and we had no wait at all. Upon boarding the ship, our room was ready for us, our luggage got to our room around 7:00pm that night.

The Balcony Room It was clean, and had perfect amount of room for 2 people. I highly suggest unpacking all luggage and storing the suitcases under the bed. Shower was small and tough for shaving your legs, but we managed. For the bathroom, a cosmetic case that hangs on the door worked great! HAving the balcony was great, and we went out there daily!

The More Food We ate at the Golden Dining Room nightly at the 8:30 seating. The waiters were great, we never waited for anything! The food was above average, I felt that every night there was atleast 1-2 good items on the menu for me to choose from. The chocolate melting cake is to die for!!! I ordered this every night. And some nights, we did choose to order more than 1 appetizer or entree. The buffet was fine, we frequented the omelet line in the AM. SUshi was good (a lot of cream cheese in the california roll), and my husband enjoyed the fish and chips. We also gradually became addicted to the pizza and french fries!!!

The Entertainment We saw the three late night comedians which was enjoyable. Two of them were great, but I was falling asleep during the last one. We did not attend any shows and didn't participate in any of the games, but some were fun to watch on the deck.

The Islands Bahamas Our least favorite. The port is nothing special. We took our own taxi 1$/person to Cable beach and just relaxed all day, we did a little shopping in the open air market and then headed back to the ship. If you are interested in fake bags, they have a million to choose from!

St. Thomas Great Island. Again we chose to do our own thing. We took a cab/island tour to Magen's Bay Beach and it was beautiful! This was really relaxing and had nice scenery. We again did some shopping.

St. Marten We took an island tour on our own for 25./person and then got dropped off at Orient Beach. Orient Beach was really nice, we got beach chairs for free and they have a lot of cool bars/restaurants on the beach. You can also do watersports here!

Overall, I was really impressed with this cruise! Service was exceptional, drinks were reasonably priced, food was great, and we had a blast. The only negative things I can say, was that 2 nights were really rocky and the ship was moving so much. Due to the rough water, they closed a pool on the last 2 days, which were days at sea, so that sucked! The spa is overpriced, and as the trip goes on they start offering specials and lowering the prices. I did feel that by the last day or two of the cruise, the quality decreased a little. Food options were not as plentiful and staff seemed alittle burnt out! I saw one of the yoga classes in the gym (Which you pay $10 for) and it definitely sucked...so I probably would not pay for yoga unless you truly are a beginner. I was going to attend a general aerobics class, but they ended up canceling it.

Overall, I would recommend this cruise and I would travel on a cruise again! Less

Read more Carnival Glory cruise reviews >>